GRAPHIC/SPEED ISSUES
Sad 
ALL OF MY SPECS ARE FOUND BELOW:

So, I finally got around to dumping my PS2's BIOS as well as creating .iso images of some of my games. I got everything regarding the latest version of pcsx2 installed and ready to go. I opened up Shadow of the Colossus, and the game went to its opening FMV. Here, I noticed that the FPS was staying in the 10-15 range, which is obviously not too preferable. I applied some speed hacks and changed some GS settings as per the guide, as well as some other tutorials. I am still getting quite sluggish performance. God Hand works a little bit better for me, but everything is still a tad slow and choppy. Is my computer not fast enough?

I also have Windows installed on my machine, so should I be using that for more up-to-date graphics and sound plugins?

Thank you so much!

Graphics: ZZ Ogl 0.19.195
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 SDL 1.9.0

21" iMac
Snow Leopard 10.6.5
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067HMz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Sponsored links

Hm, for shadow of colossus, I'd say, your gpu is the bottleneck. 9400 is quite low-end. FFXII has roughly the same performance in windows and osx for me, though gsdx might help
(12-01-2010, 01:27 AM)zedr0n Wrote: Hm, for shadow of colossus, I'd say, your gpu is the bottleneck. 9400 is quite low-end. FFXII has roughly the same performance in windows and osx for me, though gsdx might help

Yeah, I hear ya. But a lot of lower end games are having trouble processing smoothly. The FPS is super low even then, and my CPU is hardly being tapped at all. Do you reckon it's just a GPU problem?
hm, what's the fps on bios?

final fantasy games are quite compatible so if you are still experiencing problems with these games, there's smth else going on
It's running at around 5.6 right now, with bursts of 20-120 FPS. :[
So, I moved pcsx2 over to Windows (thus making this post incorrectly posted Tongue) and things are running a lot smoother already. The biggest issues were with the GS plugins. So, I switched to ZeroGS, and WOW. Things are running much much smoother now. I am playing Disgaea perfectly so far at a constant FPS of 25-30. My CPU is being used a lot more too, which is a good thing. I am having some issues with more graphically intense games (Gran Tursimo 4, FFXII, etc.) but things are running a lot smoother now. Is my graphics card really that bad?