GREAT READ:Making developers more productive — the Dolphin development infrastructure
(01-31-2015, 02:43 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, native resolutions don't cause most issues but, you can't rule out the fact that, custom resolutions may fix some graphical glitches in the game when, you have no points to back it up. Who knows ? Lets consider game 'X' has an lining issue in native resolution. It may be fixed in any specific custom resolution.

That line issue is only if you're upscaling. It's fine at native.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Nah, that was just an example. There are some games where custom resolution fix the graphical glitches. though, I don't remember their names.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-31-2015, 03:20 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: ePSXe and PCSX-R support arbitrary resolutions, as does nullDC.

I don't know about nullDC but ePSXe and PCSXR don't support custom resolutions. For example, you can't set the resolution to 3840 x 2160. And if you mean the desktop resolution or window size, they mean almost nothing. By custom resolutions, I mean the internal resolutions. Pete's OpenGL2 plugin only supports up to "Very high" internal X resolution and "Ultra high" internal Y resolution. gpuBladeSoft doesn't support custom resolution either.
Wasn't the scaler implemented because the arbitrary resolutions broke so many things?
(01-31-2015, 02:17 PM)neobrain Wrote: If non-native resolutions fix bugs in the game, then you should fix the emulator instead Wink

The native resolution doesn't causes the issues. Some games have problems with upscaling. A workaround is to use a custom resolution like 1024 x 1024 (just an example).

(01-31-2015, 02:02 PM)neobrain Wrote: By allowing any sort of resolution to be chosen, all you do is break lots of games

It's an option. If it really does break the game you play, you can always not use it. With this option, you can set the IR higher than 6x. You can also set the IR to 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, etc. I found this option quite useful while I used Intel HD Graphics 3000.

(01-31-2015, 02:02 PM)neobrain Wrote: In any case, "Dolphin doesn't support custom resolutions" is a completely misleading statement.

It's a correct statement. But if you talk about technicality, I think it supports custom resolutions but exposes the capability to the users in a limited way as you said.

By the way, don't be so defensive. We are talking about interesting PCSX2's features. It doesn't mean that other emulators that don't have these features are bad.

(01-31-2015, 03:43 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: It kinda does, it's just not implemented into the GUI yet. All you gotta do is open the .ini file for the graphics renderer of choice (e.g. gfx_dx11.ini) or the .ini for a specific game and edit EFBScale to a higher number. Numbers 0-7 are corresponding to each one of the drop-down options [Auto (Windows Size), Auto (Multiple of 640x528), 1x Native, 1.5x Native, 2x Native, etc.] so all you do is put in a number higher than 7. Here's some examples:
EFBScale=8 -> 5x Native (3200x2640)
EFBScale=9 -> 6x Native (3840x3168)
EFBScale=10 -> 7x Native (4480x3696)

Thank you for the information. It's still quite limited. I guess it doesn't support 1.75x, 2.25x, etc.
Namco games(e.g. like Soul Calibur) can only be upscaled by certain X resolutions without developing lines on the screen. E.g. 1200*yyyy. That's not an emulator issue, it's an issue with the games themselves(since ofc they were never designed to be upscaled)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Another idea for a spotlight article: GSdx's various options. This started as an idea from Blyss Sarania where he said it would be good to spotlight AF since he thinks it didn't get spotlit when it was implemented by Asmodean. I suggested we could flesh out the article by including some screenshots of what a texture looks like with and without AF and also maybe an explanation of what exactly AF does. That then turned into us talking about how we should spotlight Asmodean's implementation of FXAA since it's the best we've ever seen, and then from there we just said we should spotlight/explain all of the different graphical options that GSdx has so that people know what they're doing when they go checkmark-crazy on the Plugin Settings window.

What do you guys think? A spotlight of GSdx options?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
It really is the best FXAA I've seen and that means something considering most of you know how much I HATE FXAA.

Our FXAA is the only one I've seen that doesn't blur the hell out of stuff.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, I say we should first spotlight our EE overclock since it's the newest feature, then start moving onto stuff like FXAA. Also, the more I think about it, I do like the idea of highlighting the complexity in emulating the PS2. It might garner more attention from devs.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-03-2015, 07:49 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, I say we should first spotlight our EE overclock since it's the newest feature, then start moving onto stuff like FXAA. Also, the more I think about it, I do like the idea of highlighting the complexity in emulating the PS2. It might garner more attention from devs.

Well, the EE overclock ain't finalized yet Tongue2

I've read the tech manual for PS2 online before which might be a good source for PS2 related info and stuff, but I'm not gonna post it because something tells me it's copyrighted all to hell.