GREAT READ:Making developers more productive — the Dolphin development infrastructure
(01-29-2015, 07:26 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: PCSX2 is probably as good as it's gonna get and I see no problem with it. Games look and run excellent.

There are many games with graphical bugs, distorted or missing shadows and the like. And still some weird non-graphical bugs that no one can seem to crack no matter how much they look at them like the Growlanser memory card save bug. I would say there's definitely still room to improve for PCSX2.

Sponsored links

(01-29-2015, 11:57 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Yes, Dolphin advances fast, but I am amazed. This Neobrains is a Developer for Dolphin? Why is he ***** on PCSX2? I don't understand it.

I interpreted the post not as a criticism of PCSX2 as a piece of software, but as a project. Yes, we have better game support, Yes you only really need one build for most games. but development has somewhat stalled.

K.F wanted to know if there was a roadmap, the TODO list that was on the googlecode didn't make the jump to git, it also seems to written in a time where GSDX was still actively being worked on.

There is a TODO list on git which is focused more on code portability and code clean-up.

Edit: There has also been some work on trying to get the bios's PS1 emulator working in the past (Link), goals like this might be worthwhile adding to an emulation focused TODO list
I wouldn't mind continuing the discussion about pcsx2 and its detractors and such, but it'd have to be outside the forum (i.e. Steam or via PM). It's best we stop it now since if we continue, it'd open the floodgates for another invasion.
Firstly, thank you G-force for the links, glad to see that there is at least something considered for the future.

Secondly, Let's not take criticism for the project as insults shall we. Criticism is a healthy thing to have if we really wanted to improve the project. Of course that is not extended to complaining about the developers who donate their time to the project and it is not anyone's place to criticize them for the stall of the development, but asking and arguing about the stall itself is completely reasonable I don't get why anyone is offended by that or taking it personally.
(01-29-2015, 06:24 AM)NarooN Wrote: But yeah, there were quite a few decent articles written on facets of the PS2 or PCSX2 in particular, some of which are buried deep on the forums, lol.

Anyone willing to unearth them? I'd love to read some of it.

On-topic: Bositman & Blyss Sarania, any thoughts on possible content that can be put up on the main site? I still like the idea of a features spotlight, even if it's features that were covered previously.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(01-29-2015, 11:57 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: last time I played on Dolphin (Earlier this year), I needed a different build for several games. A specific build for Xenoblade. The Last Story. Resident Evil. Ectera, every one needed a unique hacked build by the community. No need for that with PCSX2. It's not perfect, but I've yet to find a game I wanted to play on it that I can't and it's still improving. Meanwhile there are alot of Dolphin games I can play, but with terrible graphical glitches and slowdowns.

What games in question? I admit i have not played any of the games you've listed butout of all the games I've played with Dolphin only 1 (Okami) has graphic issues, and thats from scaling.

Also little known about Dolphin is it has a "software mode" it's slow and hell but i believe it has 100% compatibility (or at least in the upper 90s) strip out HW mode and how many games on PCSX2 become unplayable?

Slowdowns shouldn't be a concern to be honest, I first booted PCSX2 back in 2008 and tried playing Kingdom Heats 1. impossible on my Athlon x2 5400+, But my i5 would probably allow full speed with the same build. Our hardware will advance to improve performance.

And if your specific build was for Xenoblade Chronicles to use the HD texture pack i hardly think that should count as a mark against Dolphin as thats a bonus feature that had issue, Though any build past the 27th has that issue sorted out.

I do hope PCSX2 development picks up again, It is by far my favorite emulator since the PS2 is my favorite system.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(01-30-2015, 01:56 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Also little known about Dolphin is it has a "software mode" it's slow and hell but i believe it has 100% compatibility (or at least in the upper 90s) strip out HW mode and how many games on PCSX2 become unplayable?

So does GSdx, and it's WAY faster than the one dolphin has. It's possible it breaks some games, but I've only seen the opposite.
(01-30-2015, 01:56 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: i believe it has 100% compatibility

No.
I personally didn't like the way how neobrain addressed pcsx2 as a dead project.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Some people cannot live with a stalling project.
PCSX2 is such a project and historically has been.
We will be back.

Oh and a request to posters here: Please don't link to those social media (Reddit, Twitter, 4Chan (oh god)) threads
anymore. They are very effective at killing all interest in picking up PCSX2 work.