GS Percentage
(11-13-2015, 04:44 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: // The result is that any skip pattern besides a fully consistent 2on,2off would reuslt in
// tons of missing geometry, rendering frameskip useless.

But I can set 1, 3 in there(I just tried and it applies and saves).

Am I misunderstanding something?

This 2on,2off is needed for the old frameskip as I understand. So if you use version 0.9.6 and you do 1,3 it looks completely garbaged.
In the new algorithm (at least this is how I understand) the two frames are already merged so that you can also set 1,3 (which could be possibly translated to 2,6 using the old algorithm)

Sponsored links

Okay I get you.

Funny that you understood the English better than me Tongue2 but I see and yeah I agree now, thanks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Probably it means that this comment was written by a non-native speaker.

Back to topic:
Does automatic enabled frameskip makes sense if frameskip rarely makes sense?
How can one explain that billyash gets better results with frameskip enabled?
(11-13-2015, 05:16 PM)willkuer Wrote: How can one explain that billyash gets better results with frameskip enabled?

It's not completely useless, just not a magic fix. But as far as his theory about gs% vs the others IDK. I also don't know many games that have a lot of load on GS and not on others. Certainly not enough to warrant automatic even if what he states is actually the case. Also the "adaptive" that the comment speaks of... this sounds a lot like that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm nearly sure that %GS value is wrong when you enable frame skip (and potentially even the reported fps number). It is difficult to measure the speed properly as threads go out-of-sync.
Probably adaptive is really hard work as you obviously somehow need do desync and resync. If this is not done (by luck) automatically it might be complicated. (but somehow it needs to sync by itself otherwise switching framskip on turbo wouldn't work). Additionally your only indicator GS% might be wrong using frameskip. So you need another quantity that you would like to optimize.

There is a manual fix for the moment no adaptive automatic one.
So we stop here and can not support further?
AFAIK,  when change frameskip. we should restart this emulator first. too see the result. If we don't, the result might be wrong.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y