GS Plugin Failed to Initialize
(04-04-2009, 09:18 PM)Cain Wrote: Well, truly, are you sure you are running it as an administrator coz the sympthoms point it is the problem.

I feel like saying "doesn't work? Reboot your computer" now LaughD

Very sure. I just did that too, just because I have no other ideas. Didn't work either.

I just noticed this too, if it helps, it says

"Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>"

Sponsored links

Of course it helps. It just shows that you aren't runnning as administrator.
(04-04-2009, 09:18 PM)Cain Wrote: Well, truly, are you sure you are running it as an administrator coz the sympthoms point it is the problem.

I feel like saying "doesn't work? Reboot your computer" now LaughD

I have the same problem, and i´m the administrator.
Well, just whining "i have the same problem" doesn't solve no-thing-g-g. Post your astonishing configs, console outputs, whatever.
(04-04-2009, 07:23 PM)Cain Wrote: Well then, surprise, update your directx!

Download an instraller from
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
or
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...20F1244A8E

and run! amazing stuff.

Problem solved. The link i got from the error message was not the one needed. Yours was the one> Thank you very much, Cain!!!
(04-04-2009, 10:08 PM)Cain Wrote: Of course it helps. It just shows that you aren't runnning as administrator.

Something must not be registering then. I right click on Pcsx2 and click "Run as Administrator" and it still doesn't work.

I right click on Pcsx2 and go to it's properties and make it so every time I use Pcsx2, it's as an administrator. Doesn't work.

I also noticed that the "ZeroGS plugin" thing only popped up whenever I would try to configure the settings I already put in, to see if maybe any of that was the problem.
(04-04-2009, 10:21 PM)DamagedWill Wrote:
(04-04-2009, 10:08 PM)Cain Wrote: Of course it helps. It just shows that you aren't runnning as administrator.

Something must not be registering then. I right click on Pcsx2 and click "Run as Administrator" and it still doesn't work.

I right click on Pcsx2 and go to it's properties and make it so every time I use Pcsx2, it's as an administrator. Doesn't work.

I also noticed that the "ZeroGS plugin" thing only popped up whenever I would try to configure the settings I already put in, to see if maybe any of that was the problem.

Delete all inis, try running as administrator and configuring.
(04-04-2009, 10:23 PM)Cain Wrote: Delete all inis, try running as administrator and configuring.

Didn't work either. It always ask me to update Direct X when I already have. Is Pcxs2 just not getting the message?

Your first link, that had the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer", it downloaded a lot of MS cabinets (Kinda like Rar. archives). Do I need to unpack them in a specific file?
(04-04-2009, 10:30 PM)DamagedWill Wrote:
(04-04-2009, 10:23 PM)Cain Wrote: Delete all inis, try running as administrator and configuring.

Didn't work either. It always ask me to update Direct X when I already have. Is Pcxs2 just not getting the message?

Your first link, that had the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer", it downloaded a lot of MS cabinets (Kinda like Rar. archives). Do I need to unpack them in a specific file?

It should download and install them, if needed, you know.
(04-04-2009, 10:47 PM)Cain Wrote:
(04-04-2009, 10:30 PM)DamagedWill Wrote:

It should download and install them, if needed, you know.

Well damn, I don't know what else it could be.