GS Plugin observations
I am on PCSX2 1.6.0

Was testing out some comparisons between GS plugins on MGS3 and don't understand something.

Any of the 19.25 GS plugins seem to give a strange bloom effect on all the foliage and on Snake. It's really messy looking and disorienting.

If I choose any of the 19.00 GS plugins it looks perfect and none of those effects are present. 

It stinks the newer plugin makes things look worse. However, I was curious if it's supposed to look like that with the newer plugin. Like even though it looks *****, it's just rendering this lighting effect on everything that you couldn't do with the 19.00 plugin maybe?

I am using OpenGL(Hardware) and have my RTX 2080 Super chosen as the adapter. I've messed around with a bunch of the settings and couldn't figure out how to get rid of that crappy lighting effect.

I'll provide pictures down below. First is with 19.00 second is 19.25

It's not exactly a pressing matter but I just want to understand. I guess my question is...why does the newer plugin make things look *****?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Why don't you try using the latest nightly build of PCSX2? It doesn't use plugins at all anymore
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
As I said in your previous thread, you need to use upscaling hacks to correct effects like this.

The newer plugin makes it "look like *****" because if you notice, the lighting effect isn't missing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-25-2022, 10:51 AM)refraction Wrote: As I said in your previous thread, you need to use upscaling hacks to correct effects like this.

The newer plugin makes it "look like *****" because if you notice, the lighting effect isn't missing.

You're right. It was the Half-Pixel Offset. Had to set it to Special (Texture)

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)