GS plugin failed to open/initialize problem
what pc specs you have?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

(03-22-2009, 06:47 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: what pc specs you have?

2gb ram, 2.41 GHz, 256 mb 8400gs, XP sp3
what does your whole log say and what's your cpu's full name? Tongue
Windows 7 64bit

Hey guys, is this thread still functioning...? Anyways my problem is pretty much teh same as everyone else here, Except this is the problem. I have the fail opening gs plugin problem, but I didn't have it when I used windows XP, infact the games worked fine, except a bit less speed. So I decided to switch to Vista, maybe bit faster. But then once I switched (using the exact same options except for graphic change from d3d 9 (hardware) to d3d 10 (Hardware) Then I started the game, and I got that problem. I tried everything, and yes I updated my Direct X 10 in many many different ways, including the official way. It said I already had the latest version, still problems. The error log is in the attatchment, and my PC specs are...

Vista 64
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz
Memory Ram 3071

My PCSX2 Uses
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
First Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugions 0.7.0

================Edit=======================
Ah crud...
just realized something, My Vista doesn't have the graphic driver installed, that's probably teh answer, I have the graphic card, but it's not installed, WHOOPS!!! Sorry, will tell the results when installed~ (Of course tahts saying I remember how to install the graphic card driver)

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 3,71 KB / Downloads: 415)
what's your video card btw? Smile
Windows 7 64bit

"An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message: The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.
dx10 rendering worked fine before ... i dont know why this message popped up but i tried reinstalling my graphic drive/ updating it~
that fixed it for me and it works fine again. i hope it helps
hey !
when my game starts the sony playstation screen comes and then after that an error report screen comes and pcsx2 closes.
i cant play the game.
I have a windows xp desktop, using pcsx2-r1736 version where it can play ff10 but not on my windows vista laptop. I didn't get a chance to try with another ps2 game, but I went into the 'emulog' file and copied this:

"Opening Plugins...
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

%s

Pcsx2 will now close.
Closing plugins..."

I encounter this error when I attempt to open ff10 in my vista laptop, "GS plugin failed to open/initialize...", I would like to make ff10 work on the vista laptop, this is my vista computer information:

Cpu Vendor: GenuineIntel
Family: Pentium® Dual-Core cpu T4200
Cpu Speed: 13556 mhz
Features: mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3

Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1
Pentium® Dual-Core cpu T4200
2.00 GB Ram
32-bit operating system
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

My PCSX2 Uses
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSse3) 0.1.14
Sound: SPU2-x 1.2.0
First Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugions 0.7.0
-Updated directx to 10 today.

**Note: I'm playing ff10 with iso rom, not cd**
"Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" <-- looks like you don't have a driver installed for whatever graphic card you have, install the driver and it should work.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've been a troll here for ages, and love pcx2. I had this same issue the other day, drove me bonkers. I had no issues in the past, then last week I got that error. I could get it to work by changing a setting in the SPU2-X plugin for audio. under output select 2- direct sound. It fixed it for me. Good luck Smile