GSDX - DX9 or DX10???
Information 
Hi,
Well, I`ve been wondering which one is better DX10 or DX9? I don`t know how works for you, but for me DX9 has more acurate graphics with less glitches while DX10 has more graphical issues, however DX10 is faster, I mean, running my PCSX2 with no SPEED HACKS, I prefer to play games like TEKKEN 5 or FF12 in DX10 since there is no big difference in graphics, just speed. So... which one do you prefer? Dunno why but ZeroGS does not work for me at all... mostly - glitcy and crushes Sad
Another question is the ADVANCED options... They are quite good for understanding as far as it`s explained what option what does. Some games have gameplay bugs when you change these, other don`t boot, some have werid bugs... For example:
Advanced - default: Fate Unlimited Codes - Archer`s qcb+Attack fires arrows behind him which is not normal, they are supposed to fall over the enemy. When you change EE/recs to NEAREST - it`s fixed. But... if you use EE/recs on NEAREST, another game`s behaviour is crashed - Rogue Galaxy - the character`s movement is weird... he walks sideways while moves forward. Some games like Valkyrie Profile 2 (with the special fix for it) does not boot - the emulator crashes.
So after so many examples, I am wondering - I know that hitting the DEFAULTS on the ADVANCED options is the best sollution - but can you provide a little bit info which combination is for what case, I know most of us won`t understand if you are to explain what EE/recs and VU/recs are exactly doing, but a little info about what EE helds and what VU does will be great (as far as I noticed EE manipulates gameplay/geometry etc. VU manipulates colors, effects etc).

Thanx for the great emu and keep up the good job Happy

Sponsored links

DX10 is better because it is give you more speed and some times fix graphics bug in DX9
funny thing. I can use DX10 (supposedly) however everytime that I use the DX10 mode of the GSdx the gpu usage skyrocket and it ends up crashing, so i'm stuck with DX9
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Interesting... I guess it`s related to the model of your vga and the drivers too..
(05-22-2009, 04:33 PM)heatblazer Wrote: Hi,
Well, I`ve been wondering which one is better DX10 or DX9? I don`t know how works for you, but for me DX9 has more acurate graphics with less glitches while DX10 has more graphical issues, however DX10 is faster, I mean, running my PCSX2 with no SPEED HACKS, I prefer to play games like TEKKEN 5 or FF12 in DX10 since there is no big difference in graphics, just speed. So... which one do you prefer? Dunno why but ZeroGS does not work for me at all... mostly - glitcy and crushes Sad

the dx10 mode is usually better: the dx9 part isn't developed anymore, so most games and especially newer graphics adapters should work together faster and more stable in dx10. but there still may be some exceptions, of course Wink

my personal experience is that the texture filtering and emulation speed is significantly better in dx10, tested with FFX, FFX-2, FF12, DQ8 (all PAL).
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I think both are only an option not to opposite but in general, directx.10 more better than directx.9.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.