Resolved: [Bug Report] ICO [NTSC-J]
So godray is mipmap. Potentially it is like nocturne, it requires some bit accuracy on texturing.

@Parotaku
Yes CRC setup is quite confusing. If you want to test a game, I suggest several level of CRC. All CRC that are known to be fixed in openGL are moved in the full level. But the partial level still contains some CRC that are potentially fixed.

Sponsored links

Hum, it could be a regression of alpha test recent change. I'm looking into it further.

Edit: the issue come from alpha test.
Code:
bool commutative_depth = (m_om_dssel.ztst == ZTST_GEQUAL && m_vt.m_eq.z) || (m_om_dssel.ztst == ZTST_ALWAYS);
is true because m_vt.m_eq.z is wrongly set to 1. Depth isn't constant likely some float rounding error Sad
Actually maybe it is done on purpose. I don't understand why gabest did that.

This code will shift Z by 1, so we drop a bit.
Code:
    #if _M_SSE >= 0x401

pmin = pmin.blend16<0x30>(pmin.srl32(1));
    pmax = pmax.blend16<0x30>(pmax.srl32(1));

#endif

This code will multiply the depth by 2.
Code:
    GSVector4 o(context->XYOFFSET);
    GSVector4 s(1.0f / 16, 1.0f / 16, 2.0f, 1.0f);
It means the depth lsb is dropped... Maybe it wanted to avoid the case of a negative depth. Hum that must be it... There isn't any nice solution...
Ok there is another bug. Alpha test is useless here because z write are already masked. Silly dev.
I pushed a fix for the sea/sky mess. I didn't fix the small depth error. It isn't bit accurate but I'm not sure we need it. I don't like the impact on the perf for nothing.
The sky and sea look great again! Smile There's still a line left that's usually associated with a half-screen issue, but I haven't seen a half-screen issue. GS Dump example of line: [attachment=61013]
Not only white lines in the rooms geometry but white shimering halos like around trees & horsemen in the intro and in other places...
Here's a dump from the intro...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   ico-halo.7z (Size: 2,85 MB / Downloads: 203)
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
Gregory, I can confirm that the 'missing god-rays' bug on the windows is indeed fixed with your mipmap implementation... Good job! :-)

Only the white halos/lines bug is still there in the intro & ingame...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
Well the god-rays might not be fully fixed. I'm afraid it would depends of various rounding issue (and might require full tri-linear filtering).

Do you have the halo in native resolution?
No, in native resolution hardware (and software too, of course) , the white halos & white lines are not here...

And, yeah, you're right about the god-rays... they're not fully fixed: the sun rays in the intro sometime flicker in hardware, but are continuous with software rendering...
_____