Resolved: [Bug Report] Otostaz [NTSC-J] Refresh problem with HW GSDX
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1494
# CPU options: Default settings, except VU0/VU1 Clamping at Extra+preserve sign
# Plugins used: GSdx 20161023 openGL & DX11

# Description:
Here's a curious one but which has never been corrected: japanese puzzle game Otostaz never worked correctly with HW mode because of some strange refresh screen bug. Everything looks OK in software mode but as soon as hardware mode is selected the screen gets garbled as each frame is not 'cleared' before the next is drawn.
Recently, activating 'Disable depth emulation' hack helped a bit on the rendering on the image center but both borders still suffer from this refresh error (in fact, it seems to be related to the absence of background element behind 3D objects)...

That's a bit of shame because the game world looks like paper cut-out and would greatly benefit from higher resolution...
Dunno if a GSdump is useful here (the bug is more visible when things move) but here it is...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   otostaz-bad_refresh_in_HW.7z (Size: 679,25 KB / Downloads: 212)
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...

Sponsored links

Does the "Preload Frame Data" HW hack have an effect on the issue?
None that I can see... :-/
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
I presume you tried all of the other hw hacks?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I did...

Oh btw, the elements come from the right of the screen so that's why there's corruption only on the right on my last screenshot... but it occurs on both side...
Here's how it normaly play on PS2:
_____
Anybody able to check in on this issue?
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5