Resolved: [Bug Report] Sega Ages 2500 Volume 16: Virtua Fighter 2 [NTSC-J]
actually maybe I could a crc hack to read back the palette as Jak.

Sponsored links

Great work on fixing the colours Gregory, however there's still bugs with the textures, all of the characters have certain glitches that shouldn't be there, either textures appearing the wrong colour or entirely see through, also that shadow I've circled in the top left will appear and disappear, all stages and characters appear to have glitches of this kind that doesn't happen on original hardware.

[Image: vf2_2.jpg]

I can provide a GS dump if needed?  Let me know, anyway great work so far Smile
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
@Nijohc is it working with zerogs ? The game likely does some illegal stuff with the palette.
(10-04-2016, 06:37 PM)gregory Wrote: @Nijohc is it working with zerogs ? The game likely does some illegal stuff with the palette.

This is what we get with ZeroGS:

[Image: vf2_zgs.jpg]
ok. I will try first to do a CRC hack for the HW renderer. Then I will be able to compare both renderer.
let's forgot the HW renderer. It is totally imcompatible with this game.

I tested a branch that update the clut behavior. And it seems to fix the rendering on the game. However the branch break GT4, so I need to investigate it.
(10-06-2016, 12:41 AM)gregory Wrote: let's forgot the HW renderer. It is totally imcompatible with this game.

I tested a branch that update the clut behavior. And it seems to fix the rendering on the game. However the branch break GT4, so I need to investigate it.

so it's not incompatible, it's just not there yet? Tongue or do you mean the changes that break GT4 were on SW?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Look at the rendering and you will see it is a crazy stuff. 10K draw call by frame. Background done piece by piece, with bit masking. Half of GS memory are various clut. So each draw call they blit one clut to the clut buffer. Then do the draw. It could work but not at 50fps, not even 10fps.

Yes I mean the change that broke GT4. Those change updates the palette handling on all renderer. I'm still digging of what ought to be the correct behavior. So far, if I force a clut loading before draw it seems to work on all my 3 testcases (GT4, harley davidson and virtua fighter). We also investigate two temporary buffers with pseudo. But it doesn't seem to work, need to review my code.
@Nijohc,
Could you test latest git? I did a small change. Hopefully it will be enough for this game.
(10-06-2016, 07:14 PM)gregory Wrote: @Nijohc,
Could you test latest git? I did a small change. Hopefully it will be enough for this game.

Just tested it, unfortunately it hasn't fixed it, in fact I think it's made it worse (more textures are flickering now and still displaying wrong colours)  Sad