GS - PCRTC: [Bug Report] The King of Fighters 2000 [SLPS_251.56]
(10-29-2015, 06:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you tell why why gettings the correct resolution is that complicated? They needed to interface with the crt. So it should somehow be easy to access (in a sense that the crt displayed the correct 'resolution')

What is the resolution of a CRT TV ?

Sponsored links

Yeah that why i put resolution in quotes.
Still you know the lines and the refresh rate. And you have the aspect ratio.

The idea was just that a crt doesnt compute anything. Therefore all equal resolutions should send exactly the same analog data stream (rate) to the crt in order to be synchronized. I dont know how to digital-analog-convert data for a crt but it must be something fixed for the last 60 years.

I just have the feeling that out of the (i dont know how to call it) analog bit rate and the vertical lines there should be a global valid formular. If you can display one game/resolution correctly you should be able to display all other resolutions as well.
No, we don't know the lines, neither the aspect ratio. There is surely a formulae on the PLL, Vblanck and such. But nobody know it.
That's interesting. I would have thought one can instantly see the lines during conversion of digital to analog. I guess somewhere a pointer has to move synchronized with the refreshrate. But as I have no real idea I stop here. Thanks for the explanation.
I think in order to do this accurately we would need to be emulating video DAC in the PS2. We could then count the hblanks per frame which would give us the Y resolution(lines). But doing that ofc would be some serious work.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I dont know. From somewhere the DAC needs to get his information. It can not guess the xvelocity and yvelocity of the framebuffer pointer