GS - Software mode: [Bug Report] Teen Titans - "Load Game" menu not displaying text where it should
[Bug Report] Teen Titans [NTSC-U]
  • PCSX2 version: Official v1.0.0 release
  • CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign)
  • Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5677 (hardware and software, dx10), SPU2-X v2 rev 5559
  • Description: Not all menu text is displaying properly. At first I couldn't get the load menu to show text or the in-game pause menu to work. After tweaking a few settings I got the in-game pause menu working, but I still cannot get the load menu (the area where you select a save to load) to show any text. I have all (I think anyway) the combinations of EE/IOP & VU combinations, but none can get the load menu to show text.

Screenshots:

(below (three below not four): showing that the in-game pause menu works fine)
[Image: wKmx2K2.jpg]
[Image: NGnQHge.jpg]
[Image: fD0CZTK.jpg]

(below: there should be some text showing my stats/progress/etc, but no text shows (except for the title and button descriptions))
[Image: M0tf8RI.jpg]

What I've tried to do to fix this issue:
  • Switch between hardware and software mode (no difference/doesn't work)
  • Try various EE/IOP & VU combinations (none get the load menu text to show up)
  • Used the SVN build
Note: no I'm not using speedhacks either Smile, and then there is a related thread where miseru99 tried to help me.

Sponsored links

Assuming there are saves to load... did you use skipdraw? make sure it is 0. That's possibly the most common reason for missing layers.

Edit: It happens in software mode as well? hmm, in this case the most probably reason is no save is being recognized in the memcard.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-23-2013, 07:37 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Assuming there are saves to load... did you use skipdraw? make sure it is 0. That's possibly the most common reason for missing layers.

Yes, skipdraw is set to "0".

(06-23-2013, 07:37 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Edit: It happens in software mode as well? hmm, in this case the most probably reason is no save is being recognized in the memcard.

That doesn't make sense though. I can go to the menu and press the "X" button and it will ask if you want to load the game then I can load it and play. The problem is that there should be text, but there isn't any. Let the videos show you what I mean:

I see, well, it's clear that there are saved games in there. Can you tell if it is recent or the issue have been there from long time?
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-23-2013, 08:15 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I see, well, it's clear that there are saved games in there. Can you tell if it is recent or the issue have been there from long time?

I haven't really been playing the game for that long. I just started a week ago and as far as I know the issue has always been there.

Anyone else have suggestions that could possibly fix this?
Does it show with software mode or the ee timing fix gamefix?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-23-2013, 01:04 PM)refraction Wrote: Does it show with software mode or the ee timing fix gamefix?

Nope. Neither of those worked.
What about setting all the clamping to max or playing with the round modes for ee and vu?

(06-24-2013, 02:37 PM)refraction Wrote: What about setting all the clamping to max or playing with the round modes for ee and vu?

Tried both of those (I tried mixing and matching between round & clamping mode), and aside from slowing the game down to 10FPS or lower nothing seems to be able to make the text show. I know it has to be a bug, because when I try it on my PS2 I can see the text when I go to load a new game.

The main reason I am playing on PCSX2 is to get rid of jagged lines, and to play at higher resolutions. No idea how this bug could be fixed.
Depends what causes it.

Have you tried zerogs?