Resolved: [Bug Report] God Of War 2 - Half pixel offset Broken in dx 11?
Firstly : Thank you for all your fine work.

My system: [email protected] / Nvidia GTS 250 (dx10) / 6 Gig
Using Version 1.5.0 - GSdx 20160117222716 (msvc 19.00, sse41) 1.0.0

Using the MicroVu recompiler on both VUs.Chop/Zero | Normal
Preset: Safest.No speed hacks are in use except Mthreaded micro VU1

[Image: dx11_Gow.jpg]

It appears that the dx 11 backend has an issue where the 'Half pixel offset'
hack seems to be completely ignored creating a ghost image at higher resolutions
and causes a harsh pixelated bluring effect at low res's.

DX 9 : HPO hack seems to fix the double image issue
DX 11: HPO hack seems to be ignored completely.

The wiki page also suggests using "SkipDraw=2" this also appears not to work anymore.
(I did try SkipDraw=3 + SkipDraw=1 too)

Software mode doesnt seem to have this problem but it is difficult to check due to low resoultion.

Please ignore this message if this is a known issue.
If this is already reported I apologise in advance. 

Thank you.
                                - Bob

Update: I just test OGL and that appears to have the same problem. Sad

Sponsored links

Quick post to the mod that moved this to the 'General Discussion and Support (Windows)'
from the 'Bug Reporting forum. Why?
Is it because this is windows specific, because the bug also appears in OGL renderer.
Just so I know for the future Smile
read this, format your bug report according to the guidelines, and I'll move it back then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-08-2016, 12:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: read this, format your bug report according to the guidelines, and I'll move it back then

Cokey-Dokey. Should be all done... Smile

Side note. Since gathering this data just for a simple bug report is a TREK perhaps you could
suggest to one of the devs creating a menu that simply dumps this info to a text file for pasting.
Im sure they would listen to you over a forum newbie and they'd get much more info from testers by default.
just a thought... Wink
I use TC Offset X/Y of 350 each on 3X native in DX11 and OGL to solve this problem , not the half pixel offset hack. Try for other values if it does not work for you.
(02-08-2016, 12:55 PM)yoshijin Wrote: I use TC Offset X/Y of 350 each on 3X native in DX11 and OGL to solve this problem , not the half pixel offset hack. Try for other values if it does not work for you.

Thanks it works. I also use 3x as a minimium.
Im curious, how did you find those values?
Was it trial and error cos going into a 3 level deep menu and tweaking it 1 at a time seems like an awful lot of work.lol
Well yeah, A lot of trials until I found the sweet spot. Some other games too require this at higher resolutions.

I try changing one axis at a time in multiples of 50 until the shadows align vertically (or horizontally) overhead. Then put the same value in the other axis. Lastly you require game specific fine tuning.
(Values are resolution specific)
Ouch! Not sure i have that kind of desire to play any game to be honest. Laugh
Its taken me 2 hours to report this bug and thats already reaching my tolerance threshold.

[Feature Request] Hotkeys!!!! lol jk

Seriously though the pcsx2 interface could use an overhaul maybe add menu accelarators at least.
Ill download the GIT source tonight and take a look at it, see if theres anything I can do about it.(I code)
No good just complaining if you can actually help. Smile
I'm glad my tinkering around helped someone.
@bobfresh

The issue is still valid, did the Half pixel offset hack fix ghosting issues on D3D11 & OpenGL at any earlier version of PCSX2 ? It'd help if you can find the build which broke the Half pixel offset hack on D3D11 & OpenGL.