GSDX under active development?
Was just wondering if the GPU plugin is still under development?

Because there are various glitches (the eyes in Jak and Daxter, texture flickering in Ratchet and Clank etc) that have been around forever, and I presume won't be solved unless a new version of this plugin is written.

Sponsored links

(01-14-2014, 07:52 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: ...and I presume won't be solved unless a new version of this plugin is written.

This is exactly it. Fixing those problems would require a complete rewrite of the GS plugin. Especially the one in Ratchet and Clank, because that problem is caused by the fact that the GS plugin doesn't support mip mapping.

However, both problems are fixed in software mode which can be accessed by pressing F9 when the game is running.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, I realise software mode fixed many things. But the CPU requirements are huge and more importantly you can't increase the resolution, which is why I was wondering if there are plans to ever rewrite the plugin, as otherwise a huge number of games will forever by condemned to glitches or software mode.
We were actually just talking about all of this here.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Gabest is a wizard, but he only comes back to do any work on GSdx to tinker with new tech when It comes out, like new instruction sets or such, unfortunately. You've to remember there are only a few active coders for pcsx2 these days.