GSDx error in log
Hey guys, i get this error when playing some games. Not sure exactly what it means other than well im out of memory. Dont know which kind exactly xD because it says i have over 40 percent of my 6 gigs left.

But here is the error

GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled

I have googled it and havent really found an answer. Just discussion about using the SVN build or doing a full boot? I have the SVN build never used it or set it up.

Just wondering if the two things i mentioned will fix this error or?

Any help is appreciated!

Oh and my graphics get all flickery. Like it randomly flashes.

Sponsored links

Maybe your graphics card was showing some dying signs or just too hot. Just assuming though.
The memory error is what it says; the GPU is out of VRAM.

For the flickering, your GPU may be dieing.
Hold on, before we write his hardware off Tongue

What game are you trying? Some don't work so well, especially the Snowblind engine games do this a lot.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I sure as hell hope the graphics card isnt dying, things only a year old!

Plus its an on board graphics card on a laptop. Intel HD 3000 i think.

But it only happens(flashing and error) when playing Matrix, The path of neo, and Playing spider man 2. It only starts flickering when that error shows.

Is there any way i can increase the memory? I have it set to "software" renderer under the plugin settings. So im not sure how that works with memory or what not.
What are your pcsx2 and GSdx settings.
This is not a hardware fault.
The problem is that GSdx hits a memory allocation limit (of 2GB) due to problems with the texture cache.
Instead of simply crashing right there, it tries to disable texturing until it has enough memory again.
We're working on this problem.
(10-11-2012, 02:21 PM)rama Wrote: This is not a hardware fault.
The problem is that GSdx hits a memory allocation limit (of 2GB) due to problems with the texture cache.
Instead of simply crashing right there, it tries to disable texturing until it has enough memory again.
We're working on this problem.

Ahh so this is essentially normal? Like its normal behavior and is doing everything properly. Okay, so then I shall be looking forward to the next release Smile You guys are simply amazing Smile i love you all (no homo Smile )

EDIT: Und ich sehe das du deutschland wohnen Smile Dein englisch ist sehr gut!
Exclamation 
(10-11-2012, 02:21 PM)rama Wrote: We're working on this problem.

I've exectly the same problem. Error text in log as follows: "GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled", textures are flickering (whitening) at these moments, it's very annoying.

It occurs in "filled up" scenes, with many objects on the screen. Have seen in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (in graveyard and inferno(?)), Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (in the bar) and Resident Evil: Outbreak (on second floor of the bar).

I'm using PCSX2 ver.1.1.0.5452.

Please, kill that bug!! Glare
It is also happening in Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance, specifically in the Elf Song Tavern and when there are many enemies on the screen.