GSdx 1.0
Silent Hill: Origins SLUS_217.31

Old problems: light sources and light spots are not bright enough; the flashlight doesn't cast shadows; locations where you need to use the flashlight appear black with only a character model and a flashlight spot visible; 3d objects could either disappear or become transparent, textures might appear black;

Fix:

Light sources and light spots are not bright enough - filled Accurate blend resolves the issue. From my experience it seems that if a game has dim light sources and light spots, filled Accurate blend will definitely fix them.

This test revision of Gsdx2 alters the issue with realtime shadows. Previously locations where you needed to use a flashlight appeared black with only a character model and a flashlight spot being visible. The spot actually revealed 3d geometry, but it lacked any sort of shading.

Now all this is in the past: 3d geometry doesn't appear black anymore; only upper part of the flashlight spot is visible, but it casts shadows, alas they are completely broken.

Unfortunately, there are other problems.

Some 3d objects, including the character, might become transparent or disappear completely, at the same time some textures might become black.

This bug also appears in software mode, but if you go into the menu (by pressing select) and return, the problem will be gone, but this trick doesn't work in hardware mode. Instead of fixing the mess it changes it: some objects become visible again, while others (including parts of the character) disappear. The same goes for textures. Apparently nothing fixes missing textures and geometry: I checked VU0, VU1, Round mode, Clamping mode, all options in HW hacks - nothing helped. It seems it's an old bug, since it occurs in PCSX2 SVN 5622 (27 apr 2013), in software mode, and it could be fixed the same way I described it above.

Also, in hardware mode when you press select, for a short period before the menu loads all missing things reappear.

OpenGL, Hardware mode, build 05.23.15

OpenGL, Hardware mode, Accurate blending on (GSdx2)

OpenGL, Software mode (GSdx2)

Hope it all makes sense. If you need more info or don't understand something in my descriptions - just ask. I haven't uploaded GS dumps because of the traffic limit, but if you need any of them - feel free to ask, just don't forget to specify which problem or location I should record in the GS dump.

Sponsored links

It's just easier and less reliant on external hosting.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

UPDATE 2 on Haunting Ground:

So sorry but the hw ogl depth is Not responsible for the "white hazy effect" it's there with or without it being on.

BUT, when it is on, wired colored glitches happen in some rooms, I included dumps of the ones I found so far.
The HW OGL depth does fix the other things I mentioned (panic, shadows etc..) AND it also fixes the lights so light sources are no longer visible behind walls.
Sorry for the confusion Wacko

Attached Files
.7z   hg-blue.7z (Size: 3,4 MB / Downloads: 240)
.7z   hg-green.7z (Size: 3,3 MB / Downloads: 259)
.7z   hg-rainbow.7z (Size: 3,29 MB / Downloads: 231)
.7z   hg-red.7z (Size: 3,41 MB / Downloads: 222)
Game: Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Issue: OGL without CRC hack + HW OGL depth enabled, causes lots of garbage on screen in cutscenes and gameplay
Effect: garbage on screen, maybe messed up shader effects?
CRC: removes the garbage on screen, possibly skipping shader effects

-OGL and DX11 both solve the same issue with CRC hacks turned to full
-Without CRC hacks, the shader effects disappear (blur, glow effects which are heavily used in MGS3).
-In the CODEC radio sequences, with CRC effects set to "none" there is massive slowdown in hardware OGL and DX modes, while it tries to emulate a very heavy "vaseline" shader effect that is supposed to apply to Snake in the background. CRC to full removes the effect entirely and Snake is seen very clearly (not accurate to original game)
-In software mode that CODEC "vaseline" effect is emulated perfectly, and faster than hardware mode without CRC hacks

Example pictures of OGL hardware mode without CRC, HW OGL depth enabled:

[Image: 2my3iaa.jpg]

[Image: 2886of7.jpg]

Dump files: https://www.sendspace.com/file/b1hx3w
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Game: Final fantasy Dirge of Cerberus slpm 66271
Issue: Ogl hw right half screen messed effects, light, shadow, blur, ghosting etc, skip movie screen is half missed
CRC hack: tested crc:full only semifix skip video movie screen but transition to ingame is wrong.

OpenGL HW half right screen effects (shadow, lighting, blur, fog etc) wrong, skip movie option screen half bottom is black, i tested others menus in game and left half image is ok even shadow character, ogl sw is ok show correct effects.

1 ogl depth HW + all-options on / crc none

2 ogl depth SW + all-options on / crc none

Gs dump HW alloptions on / crc none

.7z   ff7doc.7z (Size: 2,55 MB / Downloads: 290)
DQ8 shadow is visible on NO TEXTURE CACHE version GSDX
[Image: 2AP9Vff.jpg]

also GT3 Cote d'Azur bug and GT4 replay bug is fixed

but MGS is regularly incorrect.
Top left corner is correct frame buffer?

[Image: pUgI8ot.png]

maybe DQ8 shadow is texture format issue ?

(06-25-2015, 12:35 PM)gregory Wrote: 3/ A potential (not-yet-coded) fix for MGS3 blue cloud (I hope it will work)

GreatBiggrin
MGS3 NO TEXTURE CACHE Test

top left 128,64 bright mask
bottom right 256,224 blue mask
128,112 blue mask
64,48 blue mask

[Image: BTBgJg9.png]

I do not know what this meansTongue
AMD GL 4.5 Driver
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdo...27224b.cab

I only use atioglxx.dll
Cleaned up thread and Updated windows build (again). If you saw my earlier message you will need to grab it once more.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

GSdx32-SSE2-depth16-3 TEST

Tekken 5
blend data clip depth ON

Correct only left top corner

[Image: A9A28oQ.jpg]

Same as MGS3 problem?