GSdx 1.0
For some reason I cannot activate the Accurate Blend hack. When I start a game it gets unticked, I try to turn it on when the game is on, but it still resets. If I choose the filled state the emulator crashes. The same thing happened in previous GSDX builds, in those one where you had to turn the option through the .ini file. Is it a driver related problem or a hardware one? I'm using a GeForce 710m.

As for the testing:

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution SLUS_206.16

Problems: Missing shadows under characters, wrong colors/bloom thing;

Fix: Accurate Color Clip resolves all issues, game looks just like in software mode, though when used with native resolution hardware mode looks less crisp than the software mode (it seems it is not the hack's fault, as it occurs in DX9 mode as well);

Upscaling: Works with custom and n-x upscaling methods;

Performance impact: none;

Hardware mode, broken.

Software mode.

Hardware mode, fixed.

Sponsored links

Game: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Issue: DX without CRC hack used to be filled with vertical blue lines and garbage but now looks just like OpenGL
Effect: Glow around characters and lighting
CRC hack: Hack skips the effect

OpenGL HW and DX11 both have the issue fixed with CRC hacks off, no special OpenGL option needed.
There is still a bad layer displayed as white (see screenshot, I think it's a misplaced glow on the opponent's hair) but other than that, it looks just like software.
Also glow is misaligned on scaling, I guess it's the known issue.

Other issue: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/544 (outside of scope)

Attaching pics, Software,DX11,OpenGL, OpenGL scaled

GS dump: http://bositman.pcsx2.net/dumps/dragonba...ghting.rar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
IIRC, this game had some ghosting issues when I had last tried it. I guess it's fixed then Smile

edit: Never mind, it's still there. Half pixel offset fixes it though.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Game:Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Issue: DX without CRC hack gives you a dark screen with no shadows
Effect: Character shadow

OpenGL HW has the issue fixed with CRC hacks off by using the Accurate color clip option.
DX11 still needs full CRC hacks
Speed hit: Accurate clip off: 275 FPS , Accurate clip on: 182 FPS
Game: Devil may Cry 3 SE
Issue: DX without CRC hack: overbloom which is misplaced object glow
Effect: Glow around some objects and maybe depth of field

OpenGL HW has the issue fixed with CRC hacks off by using the OGL hardware depth option.

Without the hardware depth option the depth effect gets applied to the whole screen instead or overbloom when there are objects with bloom

DX11 still needs Full CRC hacks to prevent overbloom

The game still has some lightning problem, check the sky in hardware compared to software.

Speed hit: 216 FPS (depth on) vs 203 FPS (depth off)

Attaching pics, Software,DX11,OpenGL depth on, OpenGL depth off

GS dump: http://bositman.pcsx2.net/dumps/dcm3_sky.rar

Game: Okami
Issue: DX without CRC hack: various wrong bloom effects
Effect: Glow and canvas effect all over screen
CRC hack: Hack skips the effects

OpenGL HW has the issue fixed with CRC hacks off (no option needed) although not 100% correct looking
DX11 still has issues with CRC hacks off (but much better than before), needs full CRC

The game still has some lightning problem, check the sky in hardware compared to software.

This CRC could be made as aggressive since the game looks different and still very beautiful with the bloom/canvas effect off, IF we could make it not break the painting effect when using powers.

Other issue: Some distant objects have flickering black textures, even on software mode! Check this video, you can see the issue below the huge rock thing (the black gaps are smaller in SW mode but still there). It's only flickering when you move and it looks fine if you go close enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxAbJ8uCGxE

Attaching pics, Software,DX11,OpenGL native,OpenGL scaled, CRC hacks full

GS dump: http://bositman.pcsx2.net/dumps/okami_bloom.rar

Devil May Cry 3 has some small graphical issues that haven't been mentioned, maybe I'll detail them later, but now I have one question.

When I enable HW OGL depth, I get these patterned lines over textures and effects in some games, like DMC3 (pictured), Resident Evil 4. Is this because of my old video drivers, or you guys also have them? It seems they occur only in certain spots, for instance I checked the area where Bositman made his screenshots and it is free of this thing.

game burnout 3 slus 21050
Issue: show yellow vertical bars in the screen, sky textures is missing or glitched, sun is see trough textures, in interlace mode show semitransparent colored vertical bars in the screen. progressive mode have colored red, white bars
CRC hack: crc partial fix the yellow / white lines, workaround for sky change to ogl sw before start the game race and in the game race change back to ogl hw fix sky texture issue, in progressive mode fix not work with any crc hack option
OpenGL HW show yellow vertical bars with all options on, but uncheck HW OGL Depth change to semitransparent lines, in progresive mode show colored lines in shot 3 but enable HW OGL Depth change this lines to 5 yellow vertical lines
same defect with interleace mode and all options, ogl sw grahics is ok but not fix the sky issue but with workaround work ok; also i test with accurate_fbmask option seen in other post but not fix any effect.

1 ogl depth 3 HW all options on except HW OGL Depth=off / native / crc none
[Image: TjBFora.jpg]
2 ogl depth 3 SW all options on except HW OGL Depth=off / native / crc none
[Image: q2BfNZ5.jpg]
3 ogl depth 3 HW (progresive mode) all options on except HW OGL Depth=off / native / crc none
[Image: AuqbSjf.jpg]
new gs.dump ogl depth 3 HW all options on except HW OGL Depth=off / native / crc none

.7z   bn3-2.7z (Size: 4,2 MB / Downloads: 379)
test last svn

soul calibur 3 slus 212.16

1 ogl depth hw + all options on / no crc

[Image: uEcXacq.jpg]

2 ogl depth sw + all options on / no crc

[Image: nhUR9NL.jpg]

tested with progressive scan enabled, but in interlace mode the sun appear and disappear random; the sun behavior seems same with burnout 3 i see through textures

gs dump ogl depth hw + all options on
gs dump
Everything same as before:

Onimusha 3:

There is a minor cut scene glitch similar to Grandia 3, but this one is consistent, and there is nothing that fixes it except using software. There is a subtle haze glitch, where there is a slight haze, bloom thing all over the screen in some areas. The only thing that fixed it was partial CRC. When upscaled, most post effects are broken and misaligned. Halo, silhouette bug around some characters, dof is buggy and the fog has a clear visible edge. This is also fixed by partial.

Haze bug -this image is upscaled, but the bug is there even in native-:

[Image: jmObxL9.png]

How it looks like in software

[Image: DCUrC2y.png]

The post effects bug when upscaled:

[Image: slfPBzw.jpg]

Speed:

The game is much slower when the new options are used, but they fix nothing here, so the speed is the same when using just partial.

Fix impact and Regression impact:

Not much fixed or broken when using partial.

Tell me if you need a dump.