GSdx 1.0
(10-24-2016, 12:21 AM)refraction Wrote: A lot of games have done that in the past, initial text only screens or static graphics don't show up unless you boot in software mode, I've seen that happen many times.
Yes, but unlike SH3, most of those issues I've noticed have been resolved by now. And I don't remember having one like this where it's only OGL HW having the issue.

Sponsored links

Hum, it would be nice if you can spot the regression. Maybe it is linked to the JAK2 depth fix.
I have a curious case.

SVC Chaos runs at an average of 65-85%(seems to vary depending on location) out of 60FPS in Hardware mode(default and modified settings, native resolution). First I had it set to the OpenGL renderer, so I changed it to D3D11 and the framerate did not improve. Then I changed to D3D9 and I suddenly got more than full speed(110%). Then I changed from my AMD GPU to the Intel iGPU with D3D9 and got similar performance of around 110%. But when I changed the renderer to D3D11 it actually improved to 150%. I also tried OGL HW but it did slow down to the same speed as my AMD GPU got with D3D11 and OGL...

I'm not sure what's going on, but something seems less than optimal on the D3D11 side(for AMD GPU's at least). I get the same results with v1.4.0 and latest git build. It runs at excellent speeds(over 300% at least) in Software mode.
Discovery tiiiiimeeeeee!!!

Thanks to Kaldaien's tool called SpecialK, I could enable G-Sync in the DX9 and DX11 renderers (I tried both hardware and software renderers for DX11) just by using the "Borderless=true" option. The OpenGL renderer doesn't boot with this.

Here are the files already configured: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/PCS...c_pcsx2.7z

Source of the program: https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases

I'm not sure what build mine is, but the file was called "SpecialK_0_7_z.7z", with "de3e2c5ab9f563451ed2ebb5d638d7e9" as MD5 checksum. The newest build crashes for me, but also with PC games. I'll have to report that to Kaldaien this weekend, because I'm going to sleep now.

As it is right now, it disables the RTSS overlay. Edit: to enable it, set "Show" to "true" under "[SpecialK.OSD]".

G-Sync seems to synchronize to the external fps of PCSX2, so internal frame drops should still stutter. The great advantage of enabling G-Sync for me is 60Hz (or whatever I need, as long as the external PCSX2 fps are between 40fps and 120fps) strobing thanks to the G-Sync + ULMB trick  Biggrin .
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Does anyone have any idea about why that makes it work? Is it a window focus thing? Because now, when G-Sync is triggered, the PCSX2 fps are forced to my maximum allowed for vsync when the frame limiter is disabled (120fps for 120Hz in my case, forcing vsync in the drivers), while when the window is unfocused (which disables G-Sync), fps can go over that limit.

Perhaps something can be done in PCSX2 (I don't know how to do it, sorry) to allow this behaviour without using that mod (which doesn't work with all renderers).

Edit: for this trick I do, it's mandatory to open the GSdx config at least once before booting a game.
If i use the dll the pcsx2 crashes. What can I do?
which exe? the one from this thread is probably older than the one you got with your PCSX2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I want only use gsync with pcsx2. How?
Nothing we do supports gsync or freesync. Sorry. You can turn vsync on in the emulator settings under the GS tab and hope your graphics driver controls it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Using the d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini files I uploaded, it should work with G-Sync if you use the hardware DX11 or DX9 renderers. It doesn't crash PCSX2 in my case (newer SpecialK builds do for some reason). Opening the GSdx config dialog before booting a game should make G-Sync work.

Even more cool things: pressing alt+enter after you are in borderless fullscreen will switch it to exclusive fullscreen (if I have 3D Vision enabled in the drivers, it's triggered (flat image, but that's another matter), something that only happens in DX11 when it's in exclusive fullscreen mode). You will know because the mouse will move at the game fps when you are in exclusive fullscreen instead of breaking G-Sync when you move it (I notice it more easily because I play with G-Sync and ULMB at the same time).

It's cool to see how this tool (SpecialK) can be used for unintended purposes Smile.