GSdx 890 0.1.14 weird issue?
Hi guys,

Running 0.9.6 with GSdx 0.1.14 and Liberty City Stories is so playable, I just can't believe it!

My only slight problem is, I can't change the resolution to anything other than native, and it always starts in a window? Any one know of a fix? I'm running Windows 7, running it as Administrator. Can't for the life of me figure out why! Have tried changing it so many times...

Sponsored links

DX10 cannot start fullscreen, use alt+enter to go there.
To change your resolution use DX10(Hardware), not DX10(software) Laugh
(04-04-2009, 10:57 PM)Cain Wrote: DX10 cannot start fullscreen, use alt+enter to go there.

Okay, I know it can't start full screen, but I am using DX10 hardware, and still, it's 680x510, no matter what I do?
(04-04-2009, 11:10 PM)pnag Wrote:
(04-04-2009, 10:57 PM)Cain Wrote: DX10 cannot start fullscreen, use alt+enter to go there.

Okay, I know it can't start full screen, but I am using DX10 hardware, and still, it's 680x510, no matter what I do?

Even if you set it to 1950x1080 it would still show it's native resolution on screen because it's designed to show it's native resolution and not the one you set. Don't you see the difference by eye?
(04-04-2009, 11:13 PM)Cain Wrote:
(04-04-2009, 11:10 PM)pnag Wrote:

Even if you set it to 1950x1080 it would still show it's native resolution on screen because it's designed to show it's native resolution and not the one you set. Don't you see the difference by eye?

Definitely not. Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well here - I set it to 1680x1050 60Hz (my monitor's native resolution); but not matter what, it's windowed at 640x510 (that's what displays above the window. Now, when I go fullscreen, it still looks like 640x510 style resolution, not the razor sharp images I've seen screenshots of?
It is just as I explained above. Please care to understand it.
You don't actually change your resolution, everything is just rescaled.

Oh yeah, to better understand you it would be great if you moved your finger to post some SCREENSHOTS.
(04-04-2009, 11:30 PM)Cain Wrote: It is just as I explained above. Please care to understand it.
You don't actually change your resolution, everything is just rescaled.

Oh yeah, to better understand you it would be great if you moved your finger to post some SCREENSHOTS.

Actually, I've a better idea - how about you act completely rude and insult someone who's just trying to find an answer? Oh wait! YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THAT!

For anyone else still interested - what's the point in selecting a resolution at all if when you alt-enter it just upscales it anyway? Surely the resolution selected refers to the resolution its actually rendering for?!? If the windowed mode is always 1:1 with the original game, and alt-enter goes to your desktop resolution, then selecting a resolution at all is surely pointless?
I think Cain is talking about the internal resolution boxes while you are talking about the resolution option at the top. Indeed the top resolution selector has no point if you are running full screen.
But the internal resolution boxes are a different matter. The game will be first rendered to whatever resolution you put there,then it will be displayed in your PC resolution whether you run it in full screen or windowed. So the higher you set that,the better the image quality will be,regardless of what resolution your monitor is displaying at.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I will try and explain it as best as I can, It is the internal resolution i.e the objects characters etc. So in other words its just upscaling the images to make them nicer but it does not actually increase the actual size of the window. To actually increase the window outside of its natural resolution will cause unforseen graphical glitches. i.e ever tried putting a PS1 game in your PS3? you will just get a small box in the middle of the screen because to allow full screen will render the game unplayable with HDMI cause of the high resolutions but if you put a scart in, it will stretch the image to match the size of the screen because of its natural resolution.

Who knows though maybe the plugin creators might be able to overcome that hurdle in future, but for the time being just enjoy what you have.

Just try to set in internal 3d3 res to higher res, example 1680X1050 same as your monitor res, you will notice the different thing.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.