GSdx Built-in video capture
Indeed... But the problem now is getting PCSX2 footage along with its audio muxed together into a H.264/AAC mp4 without unreasonable amounts of work.

As for that batch script... All I know about coding and scripts is the very basics of Python. I assume that's not going to help me much... I have no experience from using command line editing tools like AviSynth / ffmpeg / whatever. Is this what I should be looking for?

Sponsored links

You just need to understand basic windows bat scripting (input file, echo, etc) and the switches for each softwares, most you can read by using --help switch or something.

The benefit of this method is that it can be made to be extremely versatile and tuned to suit your need. But of course there's also a lot of GUI program for this if you prefer to do so, like megui, tx264, and handbrake. My friends seems to favor tx264 by the way http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TX264
Quote:no it isn't

AVI doesn't support soft subs, embedded fonts, sub animations and multiple audio tracks.

MP4 does all of the above (with some limits on the sub animations) allowing for the user to toggle things like audio language and subtitles in the youtube player.

Yes, so for his purposes and usage, it is.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
AVI is a dated format though... I'd rather use MP4 unless it's completely impossible.

Oh and in case I didn't make it clear enough before, I have very high ambitions with the video quality in all aspects. That's why I use 1920x1080 resolution, anti-aliasing, 55/100 saturation & contrast in shade boost and want to encode the video with x264vfw and audio with AAC, and contain it all in .mp4. So it isn't just some random video thing. I actually aim for a movie-like experience.

Mean seems to have fixed the issues Avidemux was having with yuv422 video... So if nothing else works (with mp4 and maximum reasonable quality) then I *should* be able to just process the cutscenes in PCSX2's 'Uncompressed' format now... Recording takes long since the during it the game runs at 20 fps, and the files take craptons of space, but it works perfectly.

Are there any plans for improving the capture system by the way? I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to add a basic algorithm that gives recorded files numbered names (Say, PCSX2-001.avi, PCSX2-002.avi, ...), and lets you choose the audio saving location too (along with numbered names)...
It's on the bottom of the priorities list as these are cosmetic stuff. You can go ahead and contribute to the code yourself though Smile
(08-26-2012, 03:04 AM)Bositman Wrote: It's on the bottom of the priorities list as these are cosmetic stuff. You can go ahead and contribute to the code yourself though Smile

I see where you're coming from, but looking from a video-maker's perspective I beg to differ. ;p It would save lots of manual labor when recording tons of clips, and--more importantly--rid you of the risk of overriding the previous video and audio clips if you forget to rename the video OR move/rename the audio from the pcsx2 folder, each and every time after recording... It's already happened to me, and I had to restart my game to reach that point again.

The current system feels rather archaic, and something as simple as automatic file naming shouldn't take more than a few minutes to code in...right?

If I knew how to code, I'd be more than glad to contribute to this awesome project (PCSX2). But alas, I study chemistry, not data engineering... Sad
Tell me about it, I've recorded 55 videos of PCSX2 for youtube already Tongue Still, for a program that emulates the PS2, you can understand that it IS very low priority Tongue

Quote:The current system feels rather archaic, and something as simple as automatic file naming shouldn't take more than a few minutes to code in...right?

Wouldn't know. Still you'd need someone with the will and skill to do it, even if it's a 2 min job Tongue