GSdx Direct3D9 (Hardware) & Audio Skipping
So I'm hoping somebody can help shed some light on what exactly is causing this problem as I've literally spent half a day searching Google/forums but haven't found any relevant info to this problem.

My audio will randomly skip on any of my games I've tried so far and nothing seems to affect/fix it besides setting GSdx to Direct3D9 (Software), but that isn't much of an option due to poor FPS. It isn't slowdown or minor stuttering due to FPS drops as I can maintain 60FPS with Direct3D9 (Hardware) enabled to take advantage of my graphics card, but then the audio merely cuts off randomly for anywhere from 2-20 seconds and randomly starts back up only to repeat this over and over. Wacko

I've tried multiple revisions, plugins, minimal settings etc... you name it and nothing else seems to help or make matters worse/better.

As far what I'm running with
Processor: E6600 Duo Core 3.4Ghz
Graphics Card: Geforce 9800GT
Sound Card: Xi-Fi Titanium PCI-E
Ram: 3.5GB

Any help would be awesome and very much appreciated.

Sponsored links

Make sure your system is up to date (Windows, drivers, DirectX etc), use timestretch at PCSX2 audio configuration, report back afterwards.
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Everything is up to date and the problem still persisted, so I decided to try one last thing and that seems to be the problem. I recently went to a A/V receiver setup for my PC and consoles. Well I switched out the toslink cable to the receiver, and I hooked up my old Logitech 5.1 set directly to the sound card via analog. PCSX2 is running flawless now with no video or audio problems.

In hindsight I suppose I should of did this earlier, but initially tried it with the A/V setup which has ran everything else on the PC fine.

I'll have to play around with different cables to see if it's the optical output from the card or the A/V receiver itself etc... Just thought I'd report in after finding this out. Has me curious if anybody else has had problems similar to this. So I'd like to see if I can figure it out to help others who might have the same problem in the future.

I can still post the settings if you like, it's just I tried everything under the sun with them prior to this so I wasn't sure if it would be relevant.