GSdx Direct3D
I would like to know what is the difference between Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 9 (with the plugin GSdx).

Does it modify something with frames ?

Sponsored links

D3D10 takes advantage of your GPU's Dx10 capability.
It's generally a bit faster with most games, as long as your OS and your GPU supports it, of course.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you again ! Smile
The main issue resolved with direct3d 10 is you get less Z Fighting (when textures overlap one another in a wrong looking way Tongue) due to the bigger z buffer, that's probably the biggest advantage to it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

My google-fu tells me D3D10 added 64bit Z and 11 added 128bit. If so does GSDX use 128bit or is that overkill?
DX11 has many advantages over DX10, use google if you want to find out more about it. As for PCSX2, GSdx with DX11 is currently the fastest plugin if I'm not mistaken. Also, us because one may have a DX11 capable card, it doesn't mean that all DX11 cards are equal, but that goes without saying...
DX10 added 64bit, but we only use 32bit (might even be 24).

The problem was, that the Ps2 uses an 18bit Z Buffer (yeh, pain in the arse or what Tongue) but the maximum DX9 had that we could use was a 16bit z buffer, so there was some chopping of Z Values.

what benefits would there be if you/we where using 64bit Z?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
In our case? None.

You get lower FPS by overshooting the depth buffer bits.
In some cases you could also add some glitches Tongue2

Our problem is with other parts of the fixed pipeline anyway.
It'd be great for example if we could use all integer maths on the GPU.
(GS is an integer chip but we need to use floating point in hardware rendering, hence a ton of glitches.)