GSdx OpenGL crash on Intel HD Graphics
(12-30-2016, 08:15 PM)gregory Wrote: I'm pretty sure some users manage to run on a Skylake GPU. Maybe there are severals branch of Intel driver. Skylake ought to support the DSA extension. OpenGL 4.5 was release August 2014 ! You should ask on their Intel support forum. (as a side note the extension was implemented in 1-2 months on the free driver for all GPU brands & versions)

https://communities.intel.com/thread/78420

I read that direct state access is in 4.5 version of OpenGL and Skylake supports only 4.4.
If it is true that someone manage to run on a Skylake GPU, that is really weird.
Can you contact these users you mentioned to provide info about version of drivers they using, it would be very helpful.

Sponsored links

I don't remember their names Tongue2

Quote: I read that direct state access is in 4.5 version of OpenGL and Skylake supports only 4.4.
You read it in the wrong way. If you want to advertise 4.5, you need to provide DSA. I don't need full 4.5 support (which require to pay a Kronos Certification) only a single extension. For example, Mesa provide it for Sandy Bridge but only 3.3 is supported on this GPU.