GSdx Plugin Problems
Ok i've just compiled the latest svn with VS Pro 2008 and everything went fine the only problem i have is when i try using GSdx with DX10 option enabled, all i get is an error saying 'failed to init plugin' yet if i set it to DX9 it then works fine, i have all the latest drivers for my pc and also have the latest DX(March 09) any ideas on the problem? this is what the log tells me.

PCSX2 (beta) - compiled on May 17 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = AuthenticAMD
FamilyID = 3
x86Family = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
CPU speed = 3.256 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1
Not Detected SSE4.2

Extended AMD Features:
Detected MMX2
Detected 3DNOW
Detected 3DNOW2
Not Detected SSE4a

Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 1.60
Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff

Sponsored links

I had this problem a couple days ago and what fixed it was uninstalling my drivers, using driver cleaner, then reinstalling my drivers all within safe mode. This provided a completely clean install for my drivers and then I was able to use DX10 again.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-22-2009, 02:02 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I had this problem a couple days ago and what fixed it was uninstalling my drivers, using driver cleaner, then reinstalling my drivers all within safe mode. This provided a completely clean install for my drivers and then I was able to use DX10 again.

Ok i tried this and i even re-installed windows vista completely and i'm still getting the error its driving me nuts apart from this everything else i have that can use DX10 works fine Sad
It is because you need to update your dx10 as well, not only dx9. Obviously march dx9 redist updates dx9 only. Use DX web updater.
(05-22-2009, 07:50 AM)Cain Wrote: It is because you need to update your dx10 as well, not only dx9. Obviously march dx9 redist updates dx9 only. Use DX web updater.

Right just tried that and it tells me that DX is up to date, this has only been happening since i upgraded to Vista x64 everything was fine before.
I can't see your Graphics_Card'information there, Are you sure it have Dx10 supported...?
I downloaded and installed the DirectX SDK just to be sure I had everything updated, you can try that. It DEFINITELY updates both DX9 and DX10.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
WHAT VERSION OF GSDX DID YOU USE ?
WHAT IS YOUR VIDEO CARD NAME ?
(05-22-2009, 05:03 PM)dark king Wrote: WHAT VERSION OF GSDX DID YOU USE ?
WHAT IS YOUR VIDEO CARD NAME ?

Ok i sorted it, even though i have 2x8800 gts 320mb that work fine in directx10 games for some reason the gsdx plugin didnt like them so i went out and brought myself an nvidia gt260 now it works perfect, i was looking for an excuse to upgrade and thanks for pcsx2 i now have one...lol