(GSdx) Resize resolution in fullscreen
Is there a way to have PCSX2 resize your display to your internal resolution when entering fullscreen? I'm getting some pretty significant slowdowns displaying on a high dpi monitor.

Sponsored links

the internal resolution is set manually inside the GSDX config, so if you have 2x native (depends on the game, but i'll use double 640x480 or SD resolution) it'll be running at 1280x960 whether you have a 4k monitor or a 1080p monitor.

I have however noticed issues with OGL and vsync when playing games, try turning it off and record your findings.

Also, please post your specs to better assist us in assisting you. Smile
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
The internal resolution is not the issue. I get slowdowns from displaying it fullscreen over my native resolution. I have an i5-6300u and GeForce 940m. I've experienced similar issues with GLideN64, but it has the option to resize your monitor. When I scale down my display, the slowdowns go away (without touching the internal resolution).
Ah, i'm likely not qualified to help with your issue but just a stab in the dark, try right clicking on the PCSX2.exe, choose properties than click on the compatibility tab and disable hiDPI scaling, see if that doesn't help.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I found one better. In that same menu, Windows has a "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" option.
If you want an SD gameplay experience than that is a perfect setting.

Did the Disable HiDPI setting work however? This is more for future searchers/my own curiosity sake.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
No, it didn't help. The 640x480 setting did, though.
Bummer, glad you got it set up to your liking though!

@Devs: any idea why High DPI/UHD resolution would affect PCSX2 performance outside of internal resolution?

Sorry for the double post, but i just had an idea.

In the nvidia control panel, have you set your profile to always use maximum GPU performance?
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
It doesn't have to match the internal resolution for me to play full speed. But as the monitor resolution goes up, performance goes down.
Honestly it feels like the driver is doing *** when the application is fullscreen. The only difference ought to be the backbuffer clear and the final draw. If you're GPU can't handle it, it mean that even desktop will be sluggish. Potentially we are very close of the 60 fps, so even 1% difference with VSYNC drop to 30 fps.