GSdx - Starting a Vulkan renderer
Hiya everyone!

Recently, I've had some free time and so I thought I should do something. After seeing some complaining about OpenGL (specifically on the AMD side), I decided I wanted to start up a Vulkan renderer. All you can really do right now is choose the Vulkan renderer in the GSdx config menu and it'll show up with the standard GSdx window with a very basic Vulkan context attached to it, but I don't have any pipelines or anything set up yet and it only works in Linux. You can find my progress here, but don't expect to see great code; I don't have very much experience with this stuff.

I'd mainly like to know what interest is among others and some ideas on how to proceed with this as I haven't really figured out how the plugin interacts with the renderers yet.

Please be gentle.

Sponsored links

(06-27-2019, 10:09 AM)JibbityJobbity Wrote: Hiya everyone!

Recently, I've had some free time and so I thought I should do something. After seeing some complaining about OpenGL (specifically on the AMD side), I decided I wanted to start up a Vulkan renderer. All you can really do right now is choose the Vulkan renderer in the GSdx config menu and it'll show up with the standard GSdx window with a very basic Vulkan context attached to it, but I don't have any pipelines or anything set up yet and it only works in Linux. You can find my progress here, but don't expect to see great code; I don't have very much experience with this stuff.

I'd mainly like to know what interest is among others and some ideas on how to proceed with this as I haven't really figured out how the plugin interacts with the renderers yet.

Please be gentle.

I took a look at the code and I have many comments about it. Why don't you come join our discord server and talk with me and the other GSdx guys directly. I think you miss some important info about how GSdx works (if interested).
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ