GSdx audio but no video
Since you have vista you may be missing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

But even in that case the D3D9 renderers should be working fine, since you say they don't even with the redistributable runtimes it's probable your system files are a mess somehow and in that case not much other than a system restore (difficult without knowing when it happened), manual clean up (difficult if you don't know what to look for) or reinstalling the OS could probably help.

This is assuming of course you're not trying to run PCSX2 in some weird compatibility mode or that you don't have updated drivers or something else Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

bet its the radeon drivers......
(03-31-2011, 09:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Since you have vista you may be missing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

But even in that case the D3D9 renderers should be working fine, since you say they don't even with the redistributable runtimes it's probable your system files are a mess somehow and in that case not much other than a system restore (difficult without knowing when it happened), manual clean up (difficult if you don't know what to look for) or reinstalling the OS could probably help.

This is assuming of course you're not trying to run PCSX2 in some weird compatibility mode or that you don't have updated drivers or something else Tongue2

I set up my pcsx2 according to one of the sticky threads, so I already have the microsoft link you gave me downloaded/ran.

Bleh, I guess no pcsx for me. No strange compatibility mode and drivers are up to date.

It's definitely an uncommon problem, yea..
Any beta or alternative plug ins I can try?

Though, I do say the reason I'm trying to use the GSdx to begin with is because I read if you use hardware, it uses your gfx card and puts less stress on the processor.

Does ZeroGS do this? I was trying to get a little less lag on the game. If GS uses the gfx card as well, then even if I got this plug in to work, it wouldn't be a solution to the problem (aka the reason I wanted to try it to begin with).

The lag isn't unplayably bad, but it is something I could do without.
Hmmm the gsdx plugin works in version 9.6 (just downloaded that version), but not in 9.7. I guess I'll stick w/ 9.6 for now.
Does the issue happens only with that game or happens generally?

If it is general it would imply either directX is failing to update or has issue with Vista or maybe something with the video card driver. That's because most users don't have that kind of problem.

The PCSX2 0.9.6 (more specifically the GSDX version) was built with a previous DirectX build, this way that may be the reason it works with the DX version you do have installed.

If it is with that game only, it may have been broken, I have no way to verify since I don't have the game.

About ZeroGS and derivatives, they are based on OpenGL, and then, full hardware capability is to be expected. The problem it is at an earlier development stage than GSDX is (actually DX could be seen as a subset of OpenGL).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Didn't have any more isos, so I tried a real game. Same thing. Works w/ Zero and not GSDX. Audio, yes, but no video