GSdx-ogl speed increase
Which GPU. Is it well supported on Mesa?

Edit: I know I take liberty with the spec. Normally I must ensure I can write data. In worst case I will only expect drawing corruption.

Sponsored links

I'm using an A10-7850k, I'm not really sure how well supported it is by mesa though. The last time I had a lock up like this with mesa was with my previous richland apu when running various steam games for example brutal legend, and the cave both did the exact same thing. I haven't really had any issues like this since I upgraded.
Ok. Thanks for the test. If someone have an intel gpu, it is time to shine Tongue2

Anyway, I need to finish a pending work on a special alpha test slowdown. Once done I will get back to this storage extension with a proper synchronization mechanism. Maybe it will work better.
I decided to try the fglrx driver to see if maybe that one works. It doesn't crash like mesa, but all I get when I start a game is a green to red gradient from the bottom left to top right.
Ok if you have latest catalyst could you give me the output of glxinfo. I want to check the support of gl 4.5 extensions
Here you go

OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.4.13374 Core Profile Context 15.20.1013
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.40
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.4.13374 Compatibility Profile Context 15.20.1013
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.40
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
It misses the interesting part the extension list Wink
Please retry. I updated the code. I hope it will work.

Edit (try with either small upscaling or big upscaling)
I think I'm running into a different bug that is causing the crash on mesa and the gradient on fglrx. Every time I build with the --debug switch on current master I get those errors even with ogl_vertex_storage set to 0. When I build with the --release switch pcsx2 works and setting ogl_vertex_storage = 1 works on master. I'll see about doing some benchmark tests tomorrow.
Hum, I maybe found the root cause. I need to change some code.