GSdx
I have been experiencing a very annoying condition for a long time now. I'm not even sure if it's a bug or not, but it's annoying to be sure.

Using GSDX(not zeroGL) whenever I start a new game, the mouse disappears. This is fine, I expect the game needs to emulate the PS2 mouse in some cases. I'd wish there were some way to disable this if you know you'd never use the PS2 mouse emulation, but that's neither here nor there.

When I press cancel to halt emulation, the emulation halts, the mouse comes back, but is only visible when the mouse is not over a pcsx2 window. Whether the display window, the UI window, or any config windows, the mouse goes completely invisible. You can still click on things, but you practically have to triangulate your position and guess. It's very annoying.

Furthermore, certain windows hotkeys(like ALT-S to reveal the first popdown menu in the UI list, don't work unless first you clear the focus from any pcsx2 window(by clicking on the desktop or otherwise), then tabbing or clicking on the window to regain the focus.

My purpose in writing this is to see if anyone else is experiencing this, is this a common problem? Have I done something boneheaded and this is all me? What's up with this?

Edit: PCSX2 Alpha svn 2965, GSDX Alpha svn 2966m.
Athlon X2 64 3100+
AMD Radeon HD4850 512MB
Windows XP Home

Sponsored links

Seems to be fairly common to me on a number of different programs / PC games - Not just PCSX2.
Sure it's annoying, but I'm not that fussed about it :P
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
[GS Bug Report] Sacred Blaze [NTSC-J]

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888 , unofficial r2975
# CPU options: all options on
# Plugins usedWackoSE2 r1650, r1873, r2404, r2693, r2966
# Description: In both dx9 and dx 10 hardware mode, right half of the screen shows some grabage textures in both native resolution and custom resolution. It does not occur in r1873 and r1650(although the right end of the screen appears to be darker) but occurs after r2404, so I guess somewhere between r1873 and r2404 introduced this problem. It occurs only in hardware mode, and software mode fixes this.

The first shot is from r1873 using 1024x1024
The second is from r2404 using scaling 2x
The third is from r2966 using scaling 2x

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(05-10-2010, 01:05 AM)Amberion Wrote: Using GSDX(not zeroGL) whenever I start a new game, the mouse disappears. This is fine, I expect the game needs to emulate the PS2 mouse in some cases. I'd wish there were some way to disable this if you know you'd never use the PS2 mouse emulation, but that's neither here nor there.

You probably have Lilypad's "Always hide cursor" option enabled, it's not GSdx's cause really. Also PCSX2 0.9.7 which is what you're using has it's own "hide cursor" option to use instead if you want and should work better.

I prefer to just disable those options and move the mouse myself if I want/need it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-10-2010, 01:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You probably have Lilypad's "Always hide cursor" option enabled, it's not GSdx's cause really. Also PCSX2 0.9.7 which is what you're using has it's own "hide cursor" option to use instead if you want and should work better.

I prefer to just disable those options and move the mouse myself if I want/need it.

Well, I checked lilypad's config and i didn't have it checked there. I also checked app config and it was checked there and i cleared it. Then i loaded up a game, but it still exhibited the same behavior as i previously described. Sad If I use zeroGL, this doesn't happen, so I figure it has to be something to do with GSDX.

I'd use ZeroGL except the game I'm playing (Disgaea) exhibits badly mangled text when using it.

Ehh I suppose I'll live with it. All told it's a minor problem, anyway.
Holy *****. I just changed my input plugin to SSSPSX and the problem went away. Shadow Lady you're on the money! Tongue

Edit again: Disabling mouse API in lilypad fixed the problem. Tongue
SMT: devil summoner 1/2

[Image: 3396724.bmp]

this bug only Happens to DX10/11 Hardware Mode and is fixed by using DX9 Hardware Mode that white screen on above only Happens on A few areas in the game especially Near the Detective agency
Was wondering what the state of the pluggin development since Gabest has gone. is it still been developed? and has there been any word from gabest. i know he had just been married then he was gone.
It was his baby, can other coders finish the job?
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
ofcourse work in this great plugin still goes on just ask RAMA and The big BOSS if your still in doubt I think RAMA and SUDONIM are the plugin's MAin coder now
That makes sense,I suspected Rama would be looking into it.
It would be sweet if Gabest would drop us a line though, so we know he`s still alive, Im feeling sentimental
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
He already did three day's ago he showed up at googlecode again and commented on a recent commit it's also been announced in the chatter box section of the forums about his short return to the scene