GSdx
You should probably delete your GSdx.ini in /inis, I'm guessing some old ini is breaking it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

What's the add that can download the latest gsdx that's updated hourly again? Ty
It's been down for months now since gabest that maintained the script is not around.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-09-2010, 08:06 AM)vni Wrote: What's the add that can download the latest gsdx that's updated hourly again? Ty

(06-09-2010, 08:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: It's been down for months now since gabest that maintained the script is not around.
One can find/[probably]compile GSDX 3183 which, at least for me, I think fixes memory leaks which were apparent on the GSDX 3068 (of PCSX2 0.97). It's noticeable on MGS2. Also GSDX 2693 is still not bad at all (slightly more visual glitches though) and on some occasion is faster because of what appears to me like cache misses with 3068/3183, which are not there (=better) with 2693.

Also, I have a question regarding the "latest DirectX" issue. I do have it installed, but was wondering why is it necessary. Is it due to bug fixes in DX which gsdx relies upon? is it because gsdx always uses new features of DX which were just recently released? is it just a general recommendation just to be on the safe side with bug reports? etc. Also, is it for DX9/10/both?

Sorry if it's a n00b question. Tried looking for the answer but didn't find. FWIW, I haven't noticed any differences with relatively older DX installed too.

Thanks in advance.
(06-11-2010, 09:08 PM)avih Wrote: Also, I have a question regarding the "latest DirectX" issue. I do have it installed, but was wondering why is it necessary. Is it due to bug fixes in DX which gsdx relies upon? is it because gsdx always uses new features of DX which were just recently released? is it just a general recommendation just to be on the safe side with bug reports? etc. Also, is it for DX9/10/both?

This is because it was built using the latest DirectX SDK and have that as dependency...
(06-11-2010, 09:32 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 09:08 PM)avih Wrote: Also, I have a question regarding the "latest DirectX" issue. I do have it installed, but was wondering why is it necessary. Is it due to bug fixes in DX which gsdx relies upon? is it because gsdx always uses new features of DX which were just recently released? is it just a general recommendation just to be on the safe side with bug reports? etc. Also, is it for DX9/10/both?

This is because it was built using the latest DirectX SDK and have that as dependency...
Dependency? it doesn't seem mandatory to me, as I noted, and was therefore wondering what does it REALLY matter? I understand it's preferred, but wanted to know the exact implications, if possible.
(06-11-2010, 09:51 PM)avih Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 09:32 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote:

Dependency? it doesn't seem mandatory to me, as I noted, and was therefore wondering what does it REALLY matter? I understand it's preferred, but wanted to know the exact implications, if possible.
That dependence is established by the building appl (let's say the SDK here). Normally is granted retroactive compatibility for older codes, but new codes built with the actual SDK need it's actual runtime to be accepted, every time such dependence is defined.

Notice that is so even if no exclusive code from the latest version is used.

PS: Hoping to make it clearer: old code will work with the new runtime version, but new code need at least the same version it was built. Still the dependence need to be established as in the quote, and it may be simply to grant complete compatibility or to make use of better performance, something much needed in a GS.
Imagination is where we are truly real
hi
i have a problem with pcsx2 when i log in he said DVD player isn't set up pleas answer me in god of war! Cool

good luck

[Image: naruto79.jpg]
ABout the crashes i had the same issue on killzone, i dropped the resolution to 640x480 and it worked, then i tried 800x800 and it still works, but for fps sake i use 640x480 and its perfect.
hi,
i have a question, please answer me that direct 3d 10 is faster or 9