GSdx
Deinterlace mode in GSdx is not reflected at the window title as it used to be prior to 0.97.3113 (still the same in recent svn builds too), not when changing via GSdx config panel and not when using F5. It always says 'Interlaced (Frame)'. Using DX9.

Sponsored links

(07-06-2010, 12:09 PM)rama Wrote:
(07-06-2010, 09:18 AM)ExEvolution Wrote: Heres the .gs dump. I did the ctrl+shift+F8 dump so its about 107MB uncompressed. 13.6MB compressed. Includes the bmp as well.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLODIFFU

Awesome.

Okay, this scene is just really stressful on the graphic card.
I get around 120FPS min in native res, 80FPS min in x2 scaling, 15FPS in x3 scaling.
Disabling 8bit textures makes it a bit faster.
Nothing we can do about this, I'm afraid. It's genuine processing load Tongue2

Edit:
It's prolly depth stencils. Set the SkipDraw hack to 1 and it's quick again.
The same thing happened in Tri Ace games until we manually hacked the shadows out.
Not worth it for one single FF12 scene though..

SkipDraw hack? Like frameskipping? I'll give it a try I guess.
(07-08-2010, 03:31 AM)ExEvolution Wrote: SkipDraw hack? Like frameskipping? I'll give it a try I guess.

Its nothing like frameskipping ;p

skipdraw checks for certain scenarios when drawing what you see on the screen, depending on the skipdraw you set, once it meets them requirements it will ignore that texture/model.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well how do I enable that? I didn't see anything like that in the hacks menu.
There are missing textures in Final Fantasy 12 in hardware mode.Just to let you know.
(07-08-2010, 02:39 PM)Game Wrote: There are missing textures in Final Fantasy 12 in hardware mode.Just to let you know.

It can't possibly be many because the game looks beautiful, I haven't seen a single texture error and I'm 25 hours into the game
On the begining.Where you control Vaan and go out sewers and go to Migelo.You can see something like image of sky on some surfaces.But when you change to software it is all good.See,sorry for the size.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3050/...143545.png
Why do people say to run GSdx in software mode sometimes instead of hardware mode? Software mode runs like half speed if that 99% of the time.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
because it has allot more compatibility in everything and corrects many problems. also many games are not even playable yet in hardware mode but only in software etc etc...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-10-2010, 09:59 PM)Gvaz Wrote: Why do people say to run GSdx in software mode sometimes instead of hardware mode? Software mode runs like half speed if that 99% of the time.
That's simply because Software mode shows almost ideal emulation most of the time, unlike Hardware mode... Sometimes, Software mode is the only option because Hardware mode have broken texture cache, broken Depth stencils, broken/missing special effects, Z-buffer problems, and so on...

Software mode - almost everything works fine, but very slow...
Hardware mode - often bugged, picture differs from real PS2, but fast...