GSdx
About the first demo:
You can use SW mode to get thru the parts where it hangs (there are 2 of them one at the start and one near the end), it seems those dancing squares are being hated by GSDX.

I tested the second demo more, the result is:
DX9/10 HW Mode : Seems ok but if you use more than 2x scaling it instantly dies and yes it uses a peak of 2 GB of RAM, ihave 6 GB so it works.
SW Mode works perfectly as expected Smile.

Sponsored links

Hi. I have got Windows 7 x64 7600 build, latest directx updates installed, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 and x64) installed.
My videocard is Radeon 5800 series, it must support DX10. I use latest catalyst drivers (10.9)
Anyway, DX10/11 options arent selectable in plugin's settings. Please help T_T

plugin from pcsx2 0.9.6 pack has DX10 option.

(10-15-2010, 06:13 PM)M2desu Wrote: Hi. I have got Windows 7 x64 7600 build, latest directx updates installed, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 and x64) installed.
My videocard is Radeon 5800 series, it must support DX10. I use latest catalyst drivers (10.9)
Anyway, DX10/11 options arent selectable in plugin's settings. Please help T_T

plugin from pcsx2 0.9.6 pack has DX10 option.

Try installing the full DirectX runtimes package instead of the Web Update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d
(10-15-2010, 07:56 PM)YukiS Wrote: Try installing the full DirectX runtimes package instead of the Web Update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d
I did.
(10-15-2010, 08:51 PM)M2desu Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 07:56 PM)YukiS Wrote: Try installing the full DirectX runtimes package instead of the Web Update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d
I did.

I guess it's quote the first post time again Tongue

Quote:Install one of these first: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (direct link), DirectX End-User Runtime (June 2010)

Then this one, too: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
And finally the Vista platform update which requires Service Pack 2 installed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
least it isn't "which is faster ntsc or pal?" time again Tongue

(and for those wondering, there is none)
Here some bugs found testing GSDX-sse4 r3878. Screenshots and .gs file on attachments.

.rar   snaps.rar (Size: 5,14 MB / Downloads: 272)

.rar   snaps2.rar (Size: 2,75 MB / Downloads: 238)

1) Clock Tower 3 are not playable anymore: after opening the first door all scenario goes dark except the head of the main character. Even the software mode is broken in this game.

2) Haunting Ground: at hardware mode (direcx10), some scenarios get blurry. The problem does not happen in software mode.

3) Fatal Frame 1,2 and 3: hardware mode does not allow proper ghost aim glow. Playing a while in software mode, then switching to hardware mode fixes the problem for some time.

The r3623 (previous version) has perfect ghost aim at fatal frame 2 and 3. Fatal frame 1 still has the same problem at r3623 version.
I was wondering if it'd be possible to enable the Upscale Multiplier setting when using the native resolution, as logic would dictate that upscaling to a multiple of the native resolution (especially powers of 2) is likely to cause less issues than upscaling to something arbitrary.
Specs in Profile
The scaling multipliers are already set to the native internal resolution of the games (at least they started like that when they were made Tongue2), the scaling options were made specifically to avoid the issue of using custom resolution you describe as it was the only option there was before.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ah, I've just misunderstood the way it's labelled because for 1x it says (Use D3D internal res) so I assumed the scaling was based off of that. I enabled 2x Scaling and took a screenshot and it came out as 1024x832.
Specs in Profile