GSdx
it's not about solid or not. it's about the shape. direction of the curved surface. bump or dent. this is controlled by the surface normals of the triangle. lookup ati truform pics. if you don't have normals it won't bump or dent. it's just a flat tesselated triangle. pointless to do so.

Sponsored links

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia has problems with anything other than native scaling during FMV.

Native gsdx_20121202074034:
[Image: Zk7OJ.png]
.zip   gsdx_20121202074034.zip (Size: 1,77 MB / Downloads: 227)

2x Native gsdx_20121202072639:
[Image: 8rWyw.png]
.zip   gsdx_20121202072639.zip (Size: 2,91 MB / Downloads: 215)
^Looks simmilar to Capcom games issue.
That's been around forever, just use software rendering for FMVs (there's a manual gamefix in recent SVNs that will do that automatically, then switch back to HW for everything else).
If it's been around forever all the more reason for me to report it. ^^
(12-03-2012, 05:27 PM)Renari Wrote: If it's been around forever all the more reason for me to report it. ^^

Yep, just than it is known since forever Smile

sometimes you can get rid of those lines using custom scale, but is tedious to find the correct one.

Upscale is not really part of the PS2 emulation, it's a nice plus for sure but the devs have already some more pressing (priorities) issues to solve first.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Is this the right place to report a bug regarding ps1 games?
Regarding the Ar Tonelico issue:
This kind of glitch is what happens when we try to use upscaling for quality.
Some games have been 'per pixel tuned' for the best result on a real PS2.
These titles break easily when we use any kind of scaling.
This is just a problem we have to deal with in emulation.
Either use the FMV gamefix or try to find a custom scaling setting that avoids the extra lines.
Can we make GSdx natively do FXAA and/or SMAA?
(12-10-2012, 01:22 AM)jadentheman Wrote: Can we make GSdx natively do FXAA and/or SMAA?

it already does, I believe itis pageup that enables fxaa