GSdx
We know about all the bugs you reported, Ilya-v. Thanks for brining them up once more anyway Tongue2
(The eye issue is the bad texture cache GSdx is built around and the shadows are some unknown problem.)

refraction:
We cannot fix the code with workarounds like that, I think.
The problem here is that internally this is still a float and rounding errors creep in just for it being one.
(You know, like how 1.0f * 1.0f repeated often enough might just become 1.01f or smth Tongue2)

Sponsored links

While it will hurt performance a lot im most cases as GPU's just start doing higher precision math without software would doubles help minimize the rounding issues? Of course any conversion will result in a loss of precision but the higher the precision the less the loss of precision will be.
(01-11-2013, 02:34 PM)rama Wrote: The small alignment issues are the result of rounding.
D3D uses floating point coordinates, the PS2 GS is integer.
If we want to use a GPU to render graphics, we need to convert from integer to float.
Currently there's no perfect fix for this problem.

So why in Software Mode its still miss-aligned?
Software mode don't use D3D or GPU.

I know this issue of not being "pixel perfect" because of stretching/squishing from other emulators,
but GSdx completely removes pixels/lines and leaves a missing and incomplete picture (like the Gamepad example from God of War 2).

Is there no other way to render the picture without loosing information?

Thanks
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 4.5Ghz
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB OC
RAM: G.Skill Ares DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz
HDD: SSD Crucial M4 128GB
Hey guys, just tested the 1.0 version and I gotta say it's finally perfect speed no matter what I throw at it, and 4x D3D res looks amazing Smile

I just recently bought an LG 3d Cinema (LM6700) because they're about 1K right now and the 3d is top notch with the right content. I also purchased Nvidia 3dtv play so that any D3D game will play in stereoscopic mode. However when i tried it with pcsx2 it doesn't work.

I believe it's partly to do because the app doesn't have a setting for a specific full screen resolution. Usually I need to specify full screen 1280x720@60hz or 1920x1080@24hz and the second the game sets its display mode to full screen it detects it as 3d content. I even remember this working on the old epsxe. Is there any way you guys can add the true exclusive full screen mode to see if we can get this to work? i think it would be awesome, finally a ton of good 3d content Smile
Ilya-v:
The lines you get in software mode in GoW 2 (that controller screen) look like line AA is missing.
Try to enable the option in GSdx.
Thanks rama.

It did connect the vertical missing pixels but the horizontal lines that were completely missing are still gone.
Also it misformed the font textures to some extend.

[Image: GOW2SWAA_zpsd6c04b81.png]
Maybe line AA isn't working correctly. I'll keep it in mind.
rama,

Is it possible to use Direct3D/OpenGL as the output without actually using it to render the shadows and polygons, textures etc...
What I mean is to use CPU to calculate the textures and Direct3D/OpedGL to show them on screen, similar to what other (2D) emulators are doing.
It can also fix the resizing and stretching side effects.

My intention is a perfect PS2 image (like the Software mode + Pixel perfect) using the GPU.

Thanks.
software mode IS rendering everything on the CPU then DirectX showing it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks.

refraction, rama.
I'm currently testing my game collection with Software mode (Hardware mode has too much Shadows and Lighting issues),
I see many side effects resulting from this pixel/line disappearing especially on single line thick fonts.

Is there a way to fix this pixel disappearance and miss-aligned font issue without turning AA1 as a quick fix?