GSdx
let's not depuzzle the definition of hack. the implementation is not a hack. it's too cheap of an api function to make that run. the improvement of visuals in terms of what the original emulation is and what you got IS a hack. that you scored. that's that. yeah. Wink

Sponsored links

I must have missed the post where you provided a better alterative. Maybe you can link it Wink
don't get c*cky. i'm d/ling 2013 slowly right now. Wink hehe.

hell no. i'm not playing with that filters. i'm bored enough tho for another try fixing my interlaced games. Laugh
The reason I asked if the PS2 can do AF natively was because I knew I read something about features GSdx was supposedly missing....

Link 1... http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Does-Anis...in-the-emu

And by trying to read up on it, I found a link all the way back in 03 where some people talk about implementing. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=3702

But that 2nd link is well outside of my knowledge range when it comes to how the PS2 works and other graphic terminology.....

Both links seem to mention mip-mapping quite a bit.
I couldn't find this, so I'll ask here.

Is the revised scanline shader (r5814 'Newest scanlines shader looks much nicer this way') 'baked in' the GSdx plugin or PCSX2?

Either way, I'd like to try to use that shader with eFX or SweetFX, so I can make PC games use the excellent scanlines.
Here it is;

Code:
static const float PI = 3.14159265359f;
PS_OUTPUT ps_main9(PS_INPUT input) // triangular
{
    PS_OUTPUT output;

float2 texdim, halfpixel;
    Texture.GetDimensions(texdim.x, texdim.y);
    if (ddy(input.t.y) * texdim.y > 0.5)
        output.c = sample_c(input.t);
    else
        output.c = (0.9 - 0.4 * cos(2 * PI * input.t.y * texdim.y)) * sample_c(float2(input.t.x, (floor(input.t.y * texdim.y) + 0.5) / texdim.y));

return output;
}

It'll probably need to be adapted a bit though.

sample_c is just a texture sampling macro. t.Sample(sampler, tc)
I'm gonna guess that that's the AF code.
No, that's the scanline shader jelbo was looking for. I had a look at the links you post btw. Nice read, thanks.
Nice work getting AF back, Asmodean Smile
It worked once by forcing it in the drivers but that was years ago.
Obviously we'd appreciate you adding it to GSdx as an option Wink
I figured out my problem. I had AF forced in my Nvidia drivers. Turned it to "Application Controlled" and what do you know, textures look better, no shimmering and I can make it out! I should of checked my driver settings first.

Edit: Oddly enough, reading the old thread about Anisotropic Filtering lead me try out driver settings, rama.

Quick test of Grandia 3 and Final Fantasy X show to prove that driver settings caused the issue, I'm so ecstatic right now, this is unbelievable.