GSdx
(08-26-2016, 12:06 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I have a 486  8mhz lying around someplace i pretty sure it dont have SSE2...

me too. i got a running 0486 @ 90 (no fan and os) tho. i don't and you don't run steam and stats on that tho... do you?!? Laugh

Sponsored links

hah i lucky it even turns on, that things really old and been under few floods, they dont make component like they use to lmao any modern system would be toast
Hi wanted to know if it is possible that may give the emulator PCSX2 an extension of OpenGL v3.1. because that is the version that many laptops and pc there here in Peru, well we are a country in full swing and here a computer is sacred and it took care, some laptops are in the year 1995, mine as many friends is a SONY VAIO VPCCA17FL and this laptop has nice features but with the disadvantage of having the OpenGL v3.1. This is just a humble opinion and perhaps request ... if you can not then welcome and otherwise agradesco them a lot because they do a good job with the PS2 emulator and we provide nonprofit ... many thanks team PCSX2 ... we love them and move on, I send greetings and many hugs ...
(08-25-2016, 12:06 AM)gregory Wrote: No it wasn't done already. Maybe we could wait Zen release. They will support all new instructions set, if the chip is good various people will upgrade.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Others setting allow to see the repartition of the various instruction set.

According to anandtech preview on zen, this cpu will not have true avx2. It will be processing it though in two instructions. Not sure what is influence on speed.
(08-26-2016, 08:30 AM)sirdaniel Wrote: According to anandtech preview on zen, this cpu will not have true avx2. It will be processing it though in two instructions. Not sure what is influence on speed.

I think other than GSdx, pcsx2 doesn't really use 256-bit SIMD.
AVX is tempting to use for the VU's, but nobody wants to do it Tongue I think you have to do a lot of copying around, so if AVX isn't any use for an instruction, you have to copy it out in to an SSE reg or change mode or something (the MMX style tax, not good) so that would probably negate any advantage.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-26-2016, 08:30 AM)sirdaniel Wrote: According to anandtech preview on zen, this cpu will not have true avx2. It will be processing it though in two instructions. Not sure what is influence on speed.

it's two 'cycles' not two instructions. that's just like before. i could swear intel cheats too tho. it's binary logic. a ymm register is a block of wood with 256 holes. isn't the internal data bus actually 64bit or maybe 128bit wide? i dunno. i googled, but i guess it's business secrets. the logic tho is, for 256 bits both of them w/s/could need a 4x 64bit cache burst and/or 4x 64bit alus or 8x 32bit alus to punch the data into it in one swoop. amd is known to safe execution units tho. this is where the cycle and speed discrepancy might come from. i got no real clue tho how a cpu layout looks like these days. i know the minecraft cpus tho. microcraft cpus. Biggrin *shrugs*
@renicito
Sorry. Better uses Dx9.

@others,
There are still some linux users with VIA/Matrox GPU. So I think some people still own non-SSE2 CPU. Anyway Steam stat are just a way to have an overview of the market. Potentially we could avoid SSE3 build to keep "only" SSE2/SSE4/AVX/AVX2.

If you need 2 cycles to execute a 256 bits wide instructions. You barely win anything.

@Ref
The perf issue is register dependency inside the CPU. SSE and AVX share the same registers, if you don't do a full operation, upper bits will kill the out-of-order execution of the CPU. So yes, you need to recode all 128 bits SSE operation to 128 bits AVX operation.

And I'm not sure it will be that useful the way recompiler work. I guess a lots of time is spend to handle special flags/clamp of the PS2 float. I guess VU already process 4 floats at once.
VIA/MATROX gpu there is brand i not heard of in a long time.
Yes. I seriously don't know what people do with those stuff. A modern system is way cheaper...