GSdx
Allow texture filtering option to work for Software mode too, including GUI work. (build+patch) | Thread
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]

Sponsored links

Can somebody give me a more detailed explanation what causes the lines in Capcom games (like Tekken series) if you don't use -those- specific resolutions? It seems like you can work around it if you unload the game engine and change the resolution on the fly but its so rarely happening that it's not like a solution you can trigger yourself. For example, you can do a trick and change the resolution to 1920x1080 for example in Devil Within mode or the Arcade History modes. If you don't do the trick it gets rendered black or with the common lines.
Sorry to do that but I'm bumping my last question plus I want to probide an idea to temporarily get rid of the lines issue on Namco games.
Let's take Tekken 5. It follows a pattern of how many and when black lines appear. So if you use a higher internal resolution in your screen to render it and use a special shader you can somewhat fix those issues without having to deal with a lower resolution that has a bad result like 1200x1920 which is the highest possible resolution on those games.

Example:

Before restoration/shader:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9025/...before.jpg
After restoration/shader:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/543/t...stored.jpg

Even though there are some timy glitches (sometimes and very rarely you will notice them) it will always look better and less aliased than having to deal with a resolution like 1200x1920.

Edit: Also for some reason I don't get, setting Tekken 5 at progressive scan and put de-interlace at None results in a image jumping up and down like it is interlaced output, is that normal?
I know this is irrelevant but just to correct you Tekken is not a Capcom game; it's by Namco.
(11-01-2012, 12:32 PM)DUL7 Wrote: I know this is irrelevant but just to correct you Tekken is not a Capcom game; it's by Namco.
Thanx, sorry playing all day Resident Evil 4 and 5 kinda got brainwashed.
(11-01-2012, 12:48 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Thanx, sorry playing all day Resident Evil 4 and 5 kinda got brainwashed.

lol Laugh btw about your previous post, did you make that "special" shader and can we try it?
(11-01-2012, 04:58 PM)DUL7 Wrote: lol Laugh btw about your previous post, did you make that "special" shader and can we try it?
Nope, I don't know how to code a shader for PCSX2 but the process is super easy, easier than let's say cell shaders.
A skip draw hack for Virtua Fighter 4:

Code:
bool GSC_VirtuaFighter4(const GSFrameInfo& fi, int& skip)
{
    if(skip == 0)
    {
        if(fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMCT16S && fi.TBP0 == 0x1d00)
        {
            skip = 1;
        }
    }
    return true;
}

It fixes the dark backgrounds issue. You can see it in the first two pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

^Very cool! Also talking about skipdraw, tried to use values between 3-5 on Destroy All Humans 2 which may fix those weird black overlays but messes up alot of textures ingame making it very ugly to play in hardware mode. I have a feeling that this particular game's issues are caused because of the fact that it's one of those games that don't output in 24bit colorspace but instead at 12bit with pattern dithering. (Oh sorry if I just killed somebody's point of view about the visuals of that game, yeah what you see on that game and your console it's 4096 colors dithered. :/ )
That looks great Virgin KLM, how would a noob like me use that? Keen to get tekken looking nicer Laugh