GT3 corrupt save
Exclamation 
I'm using a folder for my general saves and have been using it without any issue for years. I have a save in that folder for Gran Turismo 3 for the past 5 years. I have noticed errors like these populate in the log when saving the game, but I've never had an issue with loading saves in-game so I didn't think it was a problem:
Code:
[wx] can't open file 'C:\Users\Seth\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\saves_folder.ps2\BASCUS-97102GAMEDATA\ÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿûÿÿÿýÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿ\ÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿûÿÿÿýÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿ\' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
[wx] Failed to open '' for writing (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
[wx] Failed to modify file times for '' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

Today I saved a game as usual, except it crashed afterwards. I thought it was okay since the save had completed in-game; it only crashed when I tried to leave the save menu. However, when I launched, GT3 said the save file was corrupt and couldn't load it. Has anyone experienced this before? Could my save be salvageable since I'm using the folder system? Would really like to fix it if possible since I've been building this save for 5 years.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB

Sponsored links

So obviously, the folder names above are a bunch of garbage. My GT4 game data folder looks like this:

[Image: cnXaIqZ.png]

But the GT3 game data folder looks like this:

[Image: O8GaeqY.png]

So I suppose something is very wrong that it's creating a bunch of garbage folders and not updating them when saving.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB
You're not supposed to have folders at all, you should run the game from an ISO.

Get ImgBurn, it's free, insert your disc and make an ISO image.

PCSX2 doesn't run game files like RPCS3 does.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(03-18-2020, 10:32 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: You're not supposed to have folders at all, you should run the game from an ISO.

Get ImgBurn, it's free, insert your disc and make an ISO image.

PCSX2 doesn't run game files like RPCS3 does.

No, I'm using folders for my saves. Those pictures are of the game directories within the save folder. My games are all CSO images.
That's not the game,that's a memory card save using the folder memory card feature
sevin the folder memory card feature is a nice thing but it's not 100% problems free
Try switching to normal memory card and check if the game saves normally

PS2 saved don't have folders inside them so something went wrong
(03-18-2020, 11:08 PM)vsub Wrote: That's not the game,that's a memory card save using the folder memory card feature
sevin the folder memory card feature is a nice thing but it's not 100% problems free
Try switching to normal memory card and check if the game saves normally

PS2 saved don't have folders inside them so something went wrong

Well yeah, something went wrong. I was hoping someone would know what went wrong. Like I said, I think its been creating these random folders within my GT3 game data for awhile. I have tried converting it back to a normal .ps2 card, but that doesn't fix it. Is it possible to change where the game expects the save data to be? The root folder has a game data file from a couple days ago, I don't know if that would work.