GT4 Full Speed
I'm looking at Youtube videos from 2 years ago of people able to run Gran Turismo 4 at full speed while looking decent. I've read the thread about configuring GT4 (which as far as I can tell, didn't actually specify the emulation or video settings in that thread) and I've tried pretty much every setting I could think of myself and I'm not able to play the game in resolutions over 1024x1024 or 2x scale and in those low resolutions it still slows down a lot.

I've got an AMD Athlon X4 3.2 ghz processor and a Radeon HD 6950 3.3 GB video card. Why are these people with Dual cores and video cards half the strength of mine able to run it at full speed? What am I doing wrong? It's driving me bonkers. Any assistance at all would be appreciated. I've been searching for a few days now with no luck.

Edit: According to DX Diag the memory is 3315 MB. It is the 2GB model.

Sponsored links

They aren't... They used the built in video capture in GSDx9, which automatically speeds up the slow footage to full speed. If they said in their comments that they did, they are almost assuredly lying.

If they aren't using FRAPS with an FPS meter in the corner of the video, you can pretty much assume it's a sped up or fake vid.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Where's the link? Maybe those people have a Intel processor which could explain why most games, if not all games run faster on a Intel CPU. Also, a AMD HD 6950 doesn't come in 3.3GB it's 1GB or 2GB edition.
Well that's reassuring. I just assumed something was wrong with my settings or I was missing some update that I didn't know about. Thanks.

Edit: Here's one of the links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icoOauHaCfY . And actually it does have a FRAPS number at the top left. It is an intel he's using.
For the record I also have trouble on certain games more than others. I'm not really sure of the way things work, but it seems like if I can run Final Fantasy X just fine I should be able to run a game much less demanding like Way of the Samurai. But I get a ton of slowdown on that game as well. Jak 3 is also moderately demanding but I get no slow down on that title either. I feel like there's something I'm just not understanding about the whole process.
Like PC games, PS2 games each have their own requirements. Some push the PS2 harder than others even if graphically they don't look it.

FFX was a very early PS2 game and doesn't push the system much at all (except for certain effects/summons)
[Image: 2748844.png]
yeah i experience those as well like Driver Parallel Lines is graphically buggy, but other games are fine, GT4 is good but slow with lots of cars on screen, I agree with Koji, cuz the way a game is coded, makes a big difference.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
(04-21-2011, 08:23 AM)alonewestand Wrote: Well that's reassuring. I just assumed something was wrong with my settings or I was missing some update that I didn't know about. Thanks.

Edit: Here's one of the links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icoOauHaCfY . And actually it does have a FRAPS number at the top left. It is an intel he's using.

Looks pretty good, that guy is using one of those hacked versions from back in the day though.

No way to really test how GT4 runs today, game still crashes for me when starting a track, and I believe progress hasn't been made to fix it since the ferrarinews fiasco a while back occurred.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
For me I can run it at 30<40 (PAL) fps on my Q6600 2.4GHZ with speedhacks. When there are absolutely no good background stuff and all the racers are off screen about 45fps.
I'm talking time trial slowdowns here.