GT4 PAL DX11 SW mode vs OpenGL SW mode.
3 render threads on both, Edge AA enabled. Vsync on.
CPU is not fast enough for perfect stable FPS in the most intensive test track used; the night track on Arcade mode with 5 AI cars, the long stretch to the finish line is the most demanding place in the entire game.

OpenGL minimum FPS 41, average 49.93, max 56 ?? 

DX11 minimum FPS 29, average 33, max 38.

Can anyone tell me why GT4 is utterly broken in DX11 hardware mode? lights go through all geometry, smoke effects too, and lights flash.

Sponsored links

DX11 hardware isn't as accurate as OGL hardware. DX11 SW and OGL SW should be the same.

Surprised at the software mode framerate comparisons though, didn't think there'd be much difference at all.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
route 5 is heavy? yep. alil bit. just tested. in hw the straight isn't that rough. other slow sections (where you can see all cars in full detail) are tho. it's the same as in new york's turn 2. route 5 got additional light flares for blending tho... right? their amount and size on the straight may be slowing down the sw render. dunno what other bottleneck there could be tho. i could't read the debug on the background (changable color would be good - cosmetic). and generally ogl hw is sorta "recommended". the blending is fixed and better and it runs it fine af. so... wth you sw this?!?
Stick with me guys i will provide a video of it so you can see in real time.
(09-01-2017, 04:58 PM)dabore Wrote: route 5 is heavy? yep. alil bit. just tested. in hw the straight isn't that rough. other slow sections (where you can see all cars in full detail) are tho. it's the same as in new york's turn 2. route 5 got additional light flares for blending tho... right? their amount and size on the straight may be slowing down the sw render. dunno what other bottleneck there could be tho. i could't read the debug on the background (changable color would be good - cosmetic). and generally ogl hw is sorta "recommended". the blending is fixed and better and it runs it fine af. so... wth you sw this?!?

AMD GPU, OpenGL sucks on it.

Could try it but doubt it will be great.

HW mode sticks to FPS cap easy.. OpenGL SW mode only drops on that straight on that track, DX11 SW mode get's almost half the FPS OpenGL does.

A note.. significantly more load on the system with OBS recording so numbers are overall lower obviously, but the difference is night and day.

well... you used two types of sw rendering. microsofts warp driver and the regular gpu driver. i dunno the diffrence in those. and the dx sw mode with gpu driver gave you acceptable fps as far as i could compare this corner. so... i'd recommend not to use the microsoft driver when you using dx sw mode. that adds another layer of emulation. the dx mechanic to blit is emulated too this way. the ogl version of this seems to work. and... what you forgot is to use ogl sw mode with gpu driver. but that shouldn't matter really, since basicly only the blit is done.
(09-01-2017, 08:49 PM)dabore Wrote: well... you used two types of sw rendering. microsofts warp driver and the regular gpu driver. i dunno the diffrence in those. and the dx sw mode with gpu driver gave you acceptable fps as far as i could compare this corner. so... i'd recommend not to use the microsoft driver when you using dx sw mode. that adds another layer of emulation. the dx mechanic to blit is emulated too this way. the ogl version of this seems to work. and... what you forgot is to use ogl sw mode with gpu driver. but that shouldn't matter really, since basicly only the blit is done.

Oh yes i did, it's actually no different, the MS driver in OpenGL mode fixes the FMV bugs in Silent Hill 2 for me.

DX11 SW mode spikes on that corner normally.

I just wish i could rip my own games instead of sourcing ISO's because i have the wrong  region for some games i own, i don't have a DVD drive on my computer look.

[Image: Q6L7ry8.jpg]