GT4 + PCSX2 Savegame Corruption
Before I get started, yes, I own GT4 and a PS2 - but since I mostly game on my computer, I didn't wanna get out my PS2.

So long story short, here I am playing GT4 and suddenly my savegame got corrupted. Which is rather annoying considering I was at around 30% with almost all gold licences. The thing is, I still have the internal save state of PCSX2. Though without a savegame I can't continue.
Problem is that once I do save a new file, my entire garage - minus the car I am currently in - gets deleted.

What can I do now without losing my savegame + entire garage (which is annoying for the cars you can't buy, but only win)?

I tried to figure out I may cheat a full garage and just sell all the cars that I didn't have and then buy+sell until I am back to the amount of cash I currently have. But I couldn't get codebreaker to work, either. And no idea how Pnatch files work.

Another option was to just download a save-file with all licences and a good chunk of starting money so I can at least rush through all the stuff I've done already with B-Spec. But when I tried to use MyMC to create a memory card file it told me that "msvcr71.dll" is missing (it isn't).

And now I am stuck here with maximum frustration. Any ideas or help?

Sponsored links

So I have been trying out Gameshark and Codebreaker. Both end up freezing the moment I switch DVDs after activating a cheat.

Any idea why that could be? Because this would be the easiest way to deal with things to cheat myself a full garage and just delete everything didn't have.

On the bright side I did get MyMC to work. So if I can now find a proper savegame with all Licences, then I would be happy.
Gameshark and Codebreaker are not going to work. They generally just have problems running in the emulator.

Best bet to find save files is Gamespot. The GameFAQs section of their site has pages dedicated to them. Just make sure the region of the save matches the region of your game.

For MyMC, the old version needs that DLL file to run the GUI, but command line works without it. A newer version, MyMCPlus, is Python based and IMO much better, no DLL crap required.

Generally if your save is corrupted, this is because the game is stopped mid save and there's basically nothing you can do to get your data back, just like on a PS2.
Here's what you can do: simply restart the game without loading any savestates. Use the "All Gold License" cheats by finding the codes on the web (GTPlanet is where I found mine) and then follow this guide: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-simpli...or-dummies You don't need the master code and the codes may not be in raw format. Convert them using omniconvert.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
[attachment=69746 Wrote:Ueanuwug pid='603613' dateline='1572311113']Before I get started, yes, I own GT4 and a PS2 - but since I mostly game on my computer, I didn't wanna get out my PS2.

So long story short, here I am playing GT4 and suddenly my savegame got corrupted. Which is rather annoying considering I was at around 30% with almost all gold licences. The thing is, I still have the internal save state of PCSX2. Though without a savegame I can't continue.
Problem is that once I do save a new file, my entire garage - minus the car I am currently in - gets deleted.

What can I do now without losing my savegame + entire garage (which is annoying for the cars you can't buy, but only win)?

I tried to figure out I may cheat a full garage and just sell all the cars that I didn't have and then buy+sell until I am back to the amount of cash I currently have. But I couldn't get codebreaker to work, either. And no idea how Pnatch files work.

Another option was to just download a save-file with all licences and a good chunk of starting money so I can at least rush through all the stuff I've done already with B-Spec. But when I tried to use MyMC to create a memory card file it told me that "msvcr71.dll" is missing (it isn't).

And now I am stuck here with maximum frustration. Any ideas or help?

there needs to be 2 msvcr files in the same location as the MYMC application folder.. 
here, download this zip file and extract and copy both files to the same directory as the application, and then try running MyMC.exe again

Attached Files
.zip   mymc-dlls.zip (Size: 300,58 KB / Downloads: 133)