GT4 Save states?
Tongue 
Hi guys. So I've been searching the board all day to try to find a solution to the "black screen after the legal stuff" problem with Gran Turismo 4. Besides actually getting it to work, which I see that myself and others are having problems with, I think an easy solution would be to have someone who does have it working just make a save state at the menu screen as a way to bypass the broken intro. From here those of us with problems should be able to disable the intro movie / play the game, at least from what I understand.

So I guess I'm asking for someones save state of the menu screen right after the intro? If it works for me then I'm sure it'll work for others. Thanks guys!

Sponsored links

if no one can get past it, then there wouldn't be any savestates. i think only the pal version works, in which case a pal savestate would not work for ntsc. I feel your pain though, this game would be awesome on pcsx2.
Well I know that some people with ntsc have gotten past it, just not everyone. Or at least thats the way it seems
but even if they get past it you wouldn't be able to use their savestates (or memcards) since they're 2 totally different versions of the game.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
What do you mean? I have an NTSC, so if someone with an NTSC savestate that got by it gave me their savestate, why wouldn't that work? I know that some people with NTSC have gotten past the main screen. I have NTSC and cannot. So I'm asking for an NTSC savestate to play on my NTSC game.
oh i meant the other way around Tongue (didn't look at what i typed Tongue), so NVM
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
So again I ask, could someone that has the NTSC of this game pass over a save state, or tell me how you got it to work? Thanks muchly.
Try this: Press X or START button on the black screen!
Win Vista 32bit
C2D e8400 3.75Ghz 7.5x500 1.38v
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
2x1 GB Kingstone HyperX 1000Mhz 5-5-5-15
HD 4850 Golden Sample 700/1100
Logitech chillstream
Look in google for "gran turismo ntsc pnach". Smile
Intel Core i7-5820K [email protected] / Crucial 2x8Gb DDR4-2133 / MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G / Windows 7 SP1 RTM x64