GT4 and Cheat Engine
Since I don't feel like grinding RSC Raid Cars I tried using Cheat Engine to boost my finances to the money required to buy the black cars. The problem is that I have no idea how I can find the address in which my current money is stored. I have edited my money in GT3 without any issues, by searching the current value as 4 bytes, doing the same thing in GT4 gives me a list of addresses with the same value, but none change to the amount of money after buying something.
List of attempts
- looking for 4 bytes values of my current money, buy something, checking the table for the updated money amount
- starting from the current money, look at values decreased by 50 after changing oil/cleaning the car
- starting from an unknown value, look at values decrased by 50 after changing oil/cleaning the car
There are always three addresses that start at my amount of money and just change to random values. I have also tried looking for 8 byte and string values, none fill the bill.
I don't wanna use a pnach with infinite money because I didn't exactly want to break the game, I just wanted to skip the grind for black cars.
Playing on the NTSC version.

Sponsored links

I never assume that a value is going to be 4 bytes or 8 bytes I always search all. Also when it is a displayed amount of a value I also tend to get t a screen where the value is no longer displayed before searching, it sometimes cuts down on results.
(07-09-2018, 11:16 PM)TkSilver Wrote: I never assume that a value is going to be 4 bytes or 8 bytes I always search all.  Also when it is a displayed amount of a value I also tend to get t a screen where the value is no longer displayed before searching, it sometimes cuts down on results.

I tried searching all, after a few seconds of searching it shows up nothing