GT4.... help a NOOB!! please
(03-10-2009, 02:04 PM)anorexic Wrote:
(03-09-2009, 08:10 PM)InfamousBLT Wrote: So, I've tried everything in this thread, and still its a no go. I get stuck on the intro. It does the legal stuff and goes black and won't move forward. Config is as follows:

PCSX2 0.9.6

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSSE3) 0.1.14
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Lilypad 0.9.9
Linuzappz ISO CDVD 0.7.0

Computer specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel e6600 (dual core)
GPU: GeForce 8800gts
4gb ram
Vista business x64

The iso came from my DVD. I've tried playing directly off of the DVD, and I used MagicISO to make an ISO out of the DVD. Both ways yield the same result.

As far as speed hacks, I have only the default one active (Default Cycle Rate). As far as I can tell these is no way to turn this off?

The only thing I can think is this is a 64 bit problem, but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, since generally if its a 64 bit problem I will have issues long before I even get to trying to play the game itself. I suppose the easy fix would be for someone to post a save state just past the intro for people like me who can't get past it, but I'd like to find a more permanent solution. If anyone has an extra plugin or something I'm missing / should have, please point me to where I can get it.

Hopefully someone can figure this out. My sister stole my PS2 when I went to college and I've had no way to play this game for the last 3 years. Finally victory seems within my grasp!

Thanks.

either make a new pnach file for gt4 and put this in it

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C SCUS97328
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

or if you have no clue how to do that, dl my pnach and just make sure the crc is the same from the game you use and the name of the pnach file.

how do i do that? i need to know how to put the patch in there because that is probably my problem, i just dont know how to make a patch.

Sponsored links

(03-25-2009, 11:06 PM)Schizo Wrote: Try pressing X or Start.

well ofc i done that but get black screen and nothing else... anyway, i get GT4 PAL working but have only 15-25 fps...maybe in next life or something...cheers
ya im tired of dealing with this. im taking the game back becausei had to temproralily overclock my phenom 2 to 3.65 just to get playable frames.
i might as well go buy a damn ps2..... sigh
Yes Mikey, you might just do that. You know you're supposed to have one to even use the emulator.
Wohlrajh, bro.. its because of you... i finally got a race to work in GT4 using pcsx2

thank you so much bro! your original post guided me well. I started with the latest PCSX2 and just got the new GSdx and did your req settings and i got it to work. Now for some tweaking later on to get better quality as im running 640x480 on a HD monitor lol..

By the way guys im not sure if this was answered already and im new here.. sorry.. but i notice the sound is a bit glitchy, can i do anything about that?
(03-10-2009, 09:18 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: You mean you're playing with DX10 ? Because I'm already playing with 480p mode but it crashes if I try with DX10, with DX9 it's fine. I've got a LCD and 480p is working fine but not with DX10, I have Vista 64 and other games work fine with it, just don't know why it refuses working with GT4 ^^

Can you post a screen with your emu config that I can compare with mine, or write them here please ? Tongue
There's perhaps a thing that I'm missing xD

I am playing DX10 too, it doesn't crash and I can reach 55fps max with internal view...
(03-10-2009, 02:04 PM)anorexic Wrote:
(03-09-2009, 08:10 PM)InfamousBLT Wrote: So, I've tried everything in this thread, and still its a no go. I get stuck on the intro. It does the legal stuff and goes black and won't move forward. Config is as follows:

PCSX2 0.9.6

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSSE3) 0.1.14
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Lilypad 0.9.9
Linuzappz ISO CDVD 0.7.0

Computer specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel e6600 (dual core)
GPU: GeForce 8800gts
4gb ram
Vista business x64

The iso came from my DVD. I've tried playing directly off of the DVD, and I used MagicISO to make an ISO out of the DVD. Both ways yield the same result.

As far as speed hacks, I have only the default one active (Default Cycle Rate). As far as I can tell these is no way to turn this off?

The only thing I can think is this is a 64 bit problem, but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, since generally if its a 64 bit problem I will have issues long before I even get to trying to play the game itself. I suppose the easy fix would be for someone to post a save state just past the intro for people like me who can't get past it, but I'd like to find a more permanent solution. If anyone has an extra plugin or something I'm missing / should have, please point me to where I can get it.

Hopefully someone can figure this out. My sister stole my PS2 when I went to college and I've had no way to play this game for the last 3 years. Finally victory seems within my grasp!

Thanks.

either make a new pnach file for gt4 and put this in it

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C SCUS97328
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

or if you have no clue how to do that, dl my pnach and just make sure the crc is the same from the game you use and the name of the pnach file.

I've tried everything in this thread, and still I get stuck in the intro screen
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i must be missing something the patch seems not to be working although i enabled it from the misc menu and the patches list,and i have put it in the patches folder

pcsx2-r1888
GSdx-SSE4
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
PadSSSPSX
cdvdGigaherz

Core 2 Quad Q9550 3.8Ghz -
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
4 GB Ram
Windows 7 32 bit
it seems that,what i was missing,is running the game from an iso image,thats the only that it would work,but i dont understand why isnt it working from the dvd !?
anyone tried the game on PCSX2 0.9.7 yet? for me if i use 2x scaling it crashes when i am about to race, only native works, which is boring..
I just want start again, after about 4 years, because never find the solution. Thanks for all.. hope running nicely.. regards...