GT4.... help a NOOB!! please
Sorry to Hi-jack this thread, but I have the same problem.. I did what Wohlrajh wrote, but it is still a no go.. and yes I am using PCSX2 0.9.6

here are my specs:

Q6600 3.2ghz 400x8
2gb ram
Win XP SP3

Sponsored links

(03-06-2009, 06:54 AM)vuxdu Wrote: Sorry to Hi-jack this thread, but I have the same problem.. I did what Wohlrajh wrote, but it is still a no go.. and yes I am using PCSX2 0.9.6

here are my specs:

Q6600 3.2ghz 400x8
2gb ram
Win XP SP3

So you have a black screen when trying to launch the game ? NTSC version ?
I forgot it on my last post, but for some people it works better with DirectX10, for me it just crashes the emu I don't know why, with DX9 I've got no problems.

Can you post some screenshots of your emu configuration please ? There's perhaps a thing missing. That's perhaps also a problem with an ISO corrupted. And try to launch directly the ISO from "run/execute" (using Linuz ISO plugin) if you were trying to to do that by "Run CD/DVD" with your game disc.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
I tried playing it from a original dvd, and I have copied all of the data to the harddrive and converted the SCUS file to .ELF and it still does not work..

I see the startup screen Sony entertainment 2005 etc. and then it just blacks out after that screen..

alright here are my settings

edit: oh it says I am at 3.6ghz but I am actually at 3.2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any settings you want to try, when starting a race, it just jumps back to the PCSX2 menu, it used to crash in previous revs, much better crash behaviour now, nowhere near functional tho.
its nice to hear someone with the same problems.. its not that nice though.. as vuxdu i did everything what Wohlrajh said, but still nothing.. i use the original dvd.. and iso made by dvd decrypter and nothing.. in my opinion if i get to see the first screen is not problem about the iso..

since im using v9.6 for my surprise now its says game runing!!, and 60fps 100% but still nothing

(03-07-2009, 01:09 AM)corholio Wrote: its nice to hear someone with the same problems.. its not that nice though.. as vuxdu i did everything what Wohlrajh said, but still nothing.. i use the original dvd.. and iso made by dvd decrypter and nothing.. in my opinion if i get to see the first screen is not problem about the iso..

since im using v9.6 for my surprise now its says game runing!!, and 60fps 100% but still nothing

Exact same thing happens to me.. says 60fps 99% and in the console it keeps saying
DvdRead: Reading Sector 1317057<1 Blocks of size 2064> at Speed=4x
Curently I am playing GT4 NTSC, and it runs pretty much okay. The only problems are some letters missing from words in gran turismo mode menus. And some minor issue with the timer not displaying untill I finish a licence center race.
The game has no graphical bugs, mostly 60 fps except some tracks, but just a few. As far as I am concerned it is PLAYABLE.

Using pcsx2 0.9.6 you get graphical bugs non-related to Gsdx !!!

My settings are:

Pcsx2 svn 393X3
GsdX 0.1.8, DX 10 hardware, 1440x900 internal res
Zero Spu2 0.4.6
LilyPad 0.9.4
Linuzz/PG iso 0.8.0

Speed Hacks:
Disable Forced ABS - disabled
EE/IOP x2 & x3 sync hacks – enabled
Denormals are Zero (DaZ) - enabled

CPU settings:
All enabled
Limit (auto detect)

Use the 480p setting in video mode and set the brightness 0 in the game!

By the way, to get in the game menu first DISABLE all speed hacks, and later you can enable them, just make a save state and load the game like that.

The thing is I want to ask you guys for some help. My memory card got corrupted because I loaded a savestate which was in a timeline before the game auto-saved itself. The problem is I cannot change the car, cause the game auto-saves when you try to change your car in the garage; it just says "save failed" no matter what I do.
So please, if anyone can post a memory card with a GT4 NTSC save game, I would greatly appreciate it (with around 5% game completion, at least all of the licences completed, or ANY SAVE game you may have it would still be ok because it is a pain to start all over again).
Thank you very much in advance!
i5 2500K @ 4.8 Ghz - 1.31 V
Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
4 GB Mushkin Radioactive 1600 mhz @ 1866 (8-10-8-27 1T)
ASUS DCU2 HD 6870 (1050/1196) @ 1.3V
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit
(03-06-2009, 09:02 PM)vuxdu Wrote: I tried playing it from a original dvd, and I have copied all of the data to the harddrive and converted the SCUS file to .ELF and it still does not work..

I see the startup screen Sony entertainment 2005 etc. and then it just blacks out after that screen..

alright here are my settings

edit: oh it says I am at 3.6ghz but I am actually at 3.2

Okay, seeing the screenshots you linked, I see some things wrong configured.
- First it's better putting the same two controllers plugins. I use Lilypad 0.9.9 for the 2 controllers even if I use only one. That prevents some issues.
- Second, Extra VU clamp mode is enough now is PCSX2 0.9.6, but Extra + Preserve sign should be ok I tested it already.
- Third, Use Alcohol or whatever to make an ISO for your game, you don't have to copy the content of your disc on your DD. When I talked about ISO I mean you have to make an .iso of your game not a .elf. Then use Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0 plugin to launch your game.
- I don't know if it is something with the sound plugin, but I use SPU2-X instead of ZeroSPU2.
- I don't use stretch mode because ingame when I launch a race it displays garbage, I prefer 4:3.

I know there were some problems launching the game, the first intro causing the hanging of the emulator some times ago, I reactivated the intro in the options, and tried it again and it works. So there's something wrong with you guys. That's not an emu problem, because I can run the game with the configuration I told you before.

It's possible you have to disable all speedhacks in order to first enter the main menu, I didn't have to but well each rig is different.. Then go to misc options in the game and deactivate the opening movie, make a savestate, quit the emu and reactivate the speedhacks. Then apply the steps I talked about in my previous post.

Here is the emu config I use (Don't mind the GSdx version I have it's the latest SVN version, but the latest 890 official one works the same):

Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
(03-07-2009, 10:07 AM)cyber Wrote: The thing is I want to ask you guys for some help. My memory card got corrupted because I loaded a savestate which was in a timeline before the game auto-saved itself. The problem is I cannot change the car, cause the game auto-saves when you try to change your car in the garage; it just says "save failed" no matter what I do.
So please, if anyone can post a memory card with a GT4 NTSC save game, I would greatly appreciate it (with around 5% game completion, at least all of the licences completed, or ANY SAVE game you may have it would still be ok because it is a pain to start all over again).
Thank you very much in advance!

Well I got the same problem, GT4 save management doesn't like the savestates Tongue2 What I did to limit the risks is limiting the autosaves in the game misc options so that it will autosave only when you change your car. I could send you my memcard, but you won't be able to use it, because the memcard management changed between 0.9.5 and 0.9.6. I just tested with an old 0.9.5 svn377, it loaded my game but I cannot change my car it says the save is corrupted.. sorry Sad

If you switch to the latest 0.9.6 it will be better, but I'm not sure it will be very interesting for you because i'm already at a 28% game completion, I have all the licences but you won't have the joy of making a good part of the event competitions because they are already cleared. You could make them again but well no more fun. Tongue Just tell me Wink
@Wohlrajh
Thanks for the reply.
Well I could play the events all over again, it's still fun I guess.
I can try with 0.9.6, if you say there is a difference in memcard management. Actually I do remember Krakatos updating in the svn snaphot thread, and there were lot's of svn's which had changes to memcard handling.
If you want or have the time please post a memcard anyways.
i5 2500K @ 4.8 Ghz - 1.31 V
Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
4 GB Mushkin Radioactive 1600 mhz @ 1866 (8-10-8-27 1T)
ASUS DCU2 HD 6870 (1050/1196) @ 1.3V
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit