GT4 on Lenovo Y580 (Windows 8)
(01-10-2014, 10:16 PM)Oemenia Wrote: Actually it might not be the laptop being too weak, try running the game with the framerate unlocked, this way PCSX2 will use everything available from the CPU. Something else you can try is running in Software mode since thats highly demanding and will make good use of your CPU without raising the temps too high. When you do try software make sure you change the options under Software Mode Options (Extra Rendering Threads to 3 and Edge AA On).

Im having this problem where games run fastest in Software mode or with the framelimit off, otherwise PCSX2 only uses a single core and rarely two.

Thanks for the reply, but didn't worked... Well i can live without GT4. Maybe someday i will buy myself a desktop Wink

Sponsored links

Unlocking the frame rates will not make the slow parts go fast., but rather only the fast parts go (maybe) faster.

PCSX2 uses 2 cores by default: one for the "main" engine and one for GSdx. If one enabled MTVU, then that's 3, and if in software mode and enabling extra rendering threads, well.. that's even more.
(01-10-2014, 11:03 PM)avih Wrote: Unlocking the frame rates will not make the slow parts go fast., but rather only the fast parts go (maybe) faster.

PCSX2 uses 2 cores by default: one for the "main" engine and one for GSdx. If one enabled MTVU, then that's 3, and if in software mode and enabling extra rendering threads, well.. that's even more.
In my case with RRV and Tekken 5 they both run above 60 FPS simply because my system knows to allocate more resources to PCSX2 when the framerate is unlocked. Otherwise Tekken 4 and 5 feel sluggish at times with RRV going down the 30s.

Changing the priority of PCSX2 has helped too.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB