GTA SA: Ghosting w/ Auto Flush enabled
I'm having an issue with GTA SA, basically, the game has minor ghosting. Enabling Auto Flush fixed a majority of this under OpenGL, but it is still slightly present. I would use DX11, but it disables the game's post processing effects.

Here is an example of this issue:     

As you see, around CJ's head and the trees, there is a ghosting effect. 

I'm using the build v1.5.0-dev-2205-gaf2278c3c from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
Specs for reference:
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid
i7 7700k @ 4.8 GHz
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM
Samsung 960 EVO 512GB NVMe M.2 
Asus Maximus VI Code
16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB @ 3600 MHz
EVGA Supernova 1000 P2

Sponsored links

Try the various half pixel hacks. Otherwise, I think it is normal rendering. Upscaling increases the ghost size, so instead of a slight boundary blur you have a double image.
(10-01-2017, 12:15 PM)gregory Wrote: Try the various half pixel hacks. Otherwise, I think it is normal rendering. Upscaling increases the ghost size, so instead of a slight boundary blur you have a double image.

Wouldn't using 2x scale double the post processing effect? It would be a bit bigger in 2x (not to the scale shown), but it looks exactly like this at 2x instead of the 8x I'm using.

The half pixel hacks do nothing sadly. And I've seen other videos upscaled and it doesn't showcase the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHDMRAXBYk
(10-01-2017, 05:01 PM)MrEWhite Wrote: Wouldn't using 2x scale double the post processing effect? It would be a bit bigger in 2x (not to the scale shown), but it looks exactly like this at 2x instead of the 8x I'm using.

The half pixel hacks do nothing sadly. And I've seen other videos upscaled and it doesn't showcase the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHDMRAXBYk

Well it is complex because half pixel doesn't exist. You either have 0 or 1 pixels. I don't know for this GTA version, but often game reduce the frame buffer by 2x (4x, 8x sometimes) and blend it back to the full size frame buffer. It is nice for old display, but it is awful for us and upscaling.

Is your example picture with or without autoflush ? What is the impact of the option ?
(10-02-2017, 09:06 AM)gregory Wrote: Well it is complex because half pixel doesn't exist. You either have 0 or 1 pixels. I don't know for this GTA version, but often game reduce the frame buffer by 2x (4x, 8x sometimes) and blend it back to the full size frame buffer. It is nice for old display, but it is awful for us and upscaling.

Is your example picture with or without autoflush ? What is the impact of the option ?

My example picture is with Auto-Flush. Without it the entire image is ghosted. With it on I get only partial ghosting on the image.

The reason why I’m confused by this is because some videos (like the one linked above) can use the effect flawlessly, but I have this and I can’t fix it unless there is some option I don’t know about that would fix it.
You should be able to remove the game effect with the crc hack option
(10-02-2017, 01:33 PM)gregory Wrote: You should be able to remove the game effect with the crc hack option

I want to use the effect, but it doesn’t work correctly, but in other videos (such as the one I linked above) it works fine.
Sorry I don't know. Maybe one of the various upscaling hack.