GUI Unresponsive!?
Here is the problem. I had every thing up and running i ran my tales of the abyss ISO. It crashed then when i tried starting up PCSX2 the app opens up and its in my dock BUT the gui does not appear. Any one know what to do ?

My Mac : Ver 10.6.6
3.06 ghz interl core 2 duo
4gb 1067 mhx ddr3
1T Ram

*Yes i do own tales of the abyss but i have a 80gb ps3 and there for get stuck at coral castle D: -crys-*

Sponsored links

Hm, same situation after reboot?
Yea. Now it doesn't run at all any more :[
Most common reason is having the GUI marked to use "Iso" (under CDVD menu) And having the ISO mounted somewhere else, be it in a virtual driver or a plugin Like Gigaherz.

To use the plugin the GUI must be ticked "Plugin", still you may want to try using the internal ISO reader, that mean you must NOT have the ISO mounted anywhere, it must be selected only from the "Iso Selector" under the same CDVD menu and from there the Browse option.

But since you still need to get the GUI working, the easier way is deleting the PCSX2.ini file which is probably under your Documents\PCSX2\inis folder (or whatever else you pointed in the first configuration).

A final advice, if PCSX2 is installed under the C:\Program Files (x86) folder you should uninstall it and reinstall in any user created folder, something like C:\Games\PCSX2 should do the trick, it may be even another partition like D: etc... This advice is valid for any game you install from now on, it will spare you many headaches.

Edit: forgot to say once the ISO is selected, be in the internal reader or plugin, the procedure to actually starting the game is going to the "System" menu and choosing "Boot CDVD (fast)".

Stressing the point because it is really confusing:

To use the "Iso" option in the GUI, the actual ISO must Not be mounted other than in the "Iso Selector" option, it means not mounted in any plugin or virtual device.

To use "Plugin" option in the GUI, the ISO must be mounted in the plugin.

finally, avoid using virtual devices with PCSX2 because they use some SCSI functions which windows Vista/7 does not like and they seen to be easily triggered by the emulator.
Imagination is where we are truly real
"finally, avoid using virtual devices with PCSX2 because they use some SCSI functions which windows Vista/7 does not like and they seen to be easily triggered by the emulator." windows does not apply to mac... o_O any who i will try that right now. ill let you know if it worked. :]
Thanks for trying Nosisab Ken Keleh. But this information does not apply for macs sadly and i've taken the steps you've told me to with a mac twist.
I did delete the pcsx2.ini file then ran it. D: (FAILED)
after i deleted it all together and re-downloaded it (for the 8th time) and it did not work. i moved the app file to a different folder (failed).
i also tried installing it to my usb and running it and that didn't work.

Oh well :/ it could be a error in the code i might take a look at it on eclipse.