Game Crashing while playing from disk
Sad 
Hi, I recently went and picked up a new (Still in wrapper) ps2 game to play on me emulator, so I popped it in and went, the game (Nocturne) Played great for 50 or so minutes then crashed the entirety of pcsx2, my game save was still there so I continued, since then I have had 3 or so crashes in similar manners within 15-30 minutes of playing.

I do not have the debug as Pcsx2 keeps crashing, which resets the debug. It says, pcsx2 has stopped working, then boom dead, this happens at random parts in the game and I don't see a pattern yet, maybe when going into an area, out of a battle, or in a battle. Any help would be nice

I5-2700
16 gig ram.  Blush

Sponsored links

The ps2 drive is constantly spinning the disk and it's always ready for reading(when the game requires some data from the disk)
The PC drive is stoping the disk from spinning if no data is readed from it for a while.
So when that happen,the game is expecting to immediately read the data that it requires but the PC drive first have to spin up the disk and this can lead to problems

Try making an image of the disk with imgburn and see if the problem still appears
(11-08-2017, 06:47 AM)vsub Wrote: The ps2 drive is constantly spinning the disk and it's always ready for reading(when the game requires some data from the disk)
The PC drive is stoping the disk from spinning if no data is readed from it for a while.
So when that happen,the game is expecting to immediately read the data that it requires but the PC drive first have to spin up the disk and this can lead to problems

Try making an image of the disk with imgburn and see if the problem still appears

Will do thanks, I went back, and it is freezing/ crashing when load new chunks of data, like a new town or somthing.
(11-08-2017, 06:47 AM)vsub Wrote: The ps2 drive is constantly spinning the disk and it's always ready for reading(when the game requires some data from the disk)

I burned the file and it appears the problem has stopped, I won't be able to run the game directly off the disc, but oh well that's fine I guess =/. Thanks a ton.